Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grey Squirrels for sale on Craigslist

mugzeezma Guest

Default Re: Grey Squirrels for sale on Craigslist

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie in Tampa
    Michelle,all rehabbers are full...
    no one is answering phones or taking sqs...
    If someone will call that guy and get the babies, I will still take them.
    He did say after I said, I was going to wild them and release, that he would give them to me NO CHARGE...
    however, after we talked, I told him it's illegal to sell wildlife...MY MISTAKE
    wife heard that and made him hang up.
    I did not threaten to call anyone..I would have gladly paid for them...I just wanted the babies...BUT THIS GUY SHOULD HAVE A REHABBER if he is going to take in babies...

hE DOES THINK HE IS THE CATS MEOW WHEN IT COMES TO SQS THOUGH.

DOES HE FIND THEM?
    OR does he look for them? I do not know...
    but as long as someone will pay...he may continue to take them...maybe not. MAYBE HE ACTUALLY LOVES THEM....
    THEY ARE THE MOST PRECIOUS THING ON EARTH , imo.

but I did say that fine can be as high as 2500 bucks
    ...and this guy will continue to get sqs and get rid of sqs...he cannot release at his NEW HOUSE, there are cats !

SO WHAT i THINK IS SOMEONE WITH A DIFFERENT PHONE NUMBER SHOULD CALL AND GET THEM...MAYBE SOMEONE WITH AN 727 PREFIX
    any volunteers?
    I'll call him if you want to go set them Jackie....it's a bit of a hike for me kiddo do you think 630 would set off an alarm?

mugzeezma Guest

Having had MY bum in the blender I would only turn in those with questionable ethics. Those that were seeking profit and actually removing animals from their nests and breeding them under poor conditions. When you said he worked for Sprint an alarm went off...sounded like it might be a pattern for this guy. THAT'S what I'm getting at. I have no way of knowing what your conversation was Jackie so please don't take offense. He may very well love the fuzzers as much as we do!
    If babies are found the mother squirrel needs to given the opportunity to relocate her babies first. He shouldn't be plucking them out of the nest and selling them on Craigslist that's all I'm saying.

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

I wonder what he is too, no way to know for sure. He may be choice...he maybe a monster.
    He does have bass akwards info,,,told me once a nest is destroyed the momma would never come back for them...
    we all know that a momma will fight pitt bulls and cross waters for her babies, we have all see the videos...
    I have seen some serious love coming from many a momma to save her babies in my days...
    his facts are NOT RIGHT. He feeds esbilac, could be worse..I did tell him about FV and petag...nicks story etc...so maybe he will at least use better formula in the future...
    no Mugz, but thank you for offer...I think it should be sorta local phone number...
    I gotta go out for an hour...back soon....

The problem with not turning them in, is that most of these guys are "breeders" and the ones that do not go to homes......well you don't want to know. I under stand that several of us go way out of our way to protect the babies, and I hate to admit I paid a lady 40.00 for one - but that covered all of the stuff she bought to get her through the night (BTW - she did not ask for it). Florida fish and game willl work with you, if you talk to them - they do not fine people all the time....just the scum.

I know our rehab is over run right now, but the volunteers like us still have plenty of room in our homes to help. I still have 5 cages free and will begin releasing our oldest set in 3 weeks. If the rehabbers are full, they should at least contact the people back with options, or they could ask if the volunteers could step in to take them. I am afraid to take any more right now, since we seem to have an issue with mange in our crew, but we do have two without it right now - so that meanswe are taking the proper steps to stop it.
    You can love them, raise them and let them go.....after that, they are in mother nature's care...........Welcome to the nut house!

Home to Leroy & Lisa ... ...some just know they have it good I guess!

mpetys Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mugzeezma
    Turn these cretins over to the USDA and Fish and Wildlife!!!!

You have to have a permit to SELL animals in the state of FLA >>>PERIOD
    We don't need a group ...it's what our taxes are paying for...this is BS!

sorry I'm irate....2 out of 3 kids with Mono and all the Fricking appliances are busted...not a happy chicky right now
    What I meant was that if I were to call, I may not get the response I want. You know, we don't have time for this small issue, we are backlogged. Budget cuts mean we are short staffed etc. If someone called representing a group, they may not be so quick to ignore something they don't see as a big enough issue to get involved with.

I agree, it is what our taxes are paying for but I see this all the time. We are in the construction industry and dealing with the building departments is crazy. You would think that with construction being down that permits would not take longer than before but in many cases they are. I hear all the excuses of it takes longer due to budget cuts forced us to lay some people off but yet the papers report how permits have fallen 50% so how did laying off some people affect issuance of 50% less permits? In Orange County FL (Orlando) I can apply for a permit and have it issued the same day. Maybe be a couple hour process but I still walk out of their with a permit. In Hillsborough County, FL (Tampa), you have to drop it off and they will tell you 4 - 6 weeks! Okay, that is my rant!

Hope the kids are better soon!

Michele in Tampa

mugzeezma Guest

PLEASE contact the USDA on this Squirrels 4 sale issue. The number of the USDA office is 919-716-5532.

FWC states that by buying the animals you will only encourage these people to continue the behavior. Some are just trying to help find a good home for an animal they raised but others are trying to make a buck out of wildlife and that is wrong. FWC will do nothing apparently.

mugzeezma Guest

USDA does in fact handle the licensing for sale and breeding of ALL animals. call them and find out if you don't believe it.
    I was given this info by a rehabber down there in the state of FLA just recently.

mugzeezma Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mugzeezma
    USDA does in fact handle the licensing for sale and breeding of ALL animals. call them and find out if you don't believe it.
    I was given this info by a rehabber down there in the state of FLA just recently.
    oops did I just reply to a post that was deleted????LOL

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

yes we know that sometimes 'buying' will promote...but NOT ALWAYS. Sometimes it is very innocent...I know, I have bought sqs a few times.
    Breeding sqs and selling them is different than stealing and selling...
    one requires inspections, the other requires a baseball bat!

FWC does not allow wildlife to be sold. Period.
    I think if you make a report THEY DO FOLLOW UP, that's the law.

I doubt the lineman for Sprint breeds...so a license is not what he is short. He either finds them while trimming or steals them while trimming...IF he trims. I won't speculate anymore...I am a worrier.

I have to move forward...if anyone can get him to sell or give the babies away...I will take them if needed. That's all I can do...
    Good Luck Bbaies...

Countess O Guest

Hmm. I'm just north of Tampa if anyone needs help getting them. I can't raise them as my husband would pop a gizzard,+ but I'd be happy to be your mule.

I'll go back to lurking now.

It is just beyond my imagination that people SELL wildlife!

Yes, he may truly love these critters called SQUIRRELS but why does he sell them? If he truly cared about their future, he would get them to a Rehabber!

I guess this is his bonus for working for Sprint where he is able to obtain them freely!

He obviously knows it isn't quite ethical becos they grew suspicious and hung up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to report people but it seems he needs to be informed of the rules of Wildlife in Florida.

I sure hope he is NOT snatching these little souls from their NEST!

If I lived on the East Coast instead of the West Coast, I would arrange a meeting w/this character!

P.S. Jackie and others of Florida, thank-you for your love and care of the SQUIRRELS!

I can call him Jackie-I have 813 are code too--let me know what the # is and I'll give it a shot

Smile Re: Grey Squirrels for sale on Craigslist

I'm so glad you got them! Please post a pic of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern gray squirrel
    I'm so glad you got them! Please post a pic of them!
    If you check in the upper left corner of the post you will see that this last post on this thread was in 2010

It was very kind of you to check on it though.
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

15. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Scooterzmom from:

island rehabber (12-16-2017)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.