Thread: Quick question about Luckys nest box....

Default Quick question about Luckys nest box....

My squirrel, Lucky, has been with us since last March...I should have released her in August, but didn't. I plan on releasing her this spring. We have a huge 7' x 4 1/2' cage built for her in our sunroom. We have a large wooden nest box that we put in the cage that is screwed to the brick wall. She carries papers and I have put some fleece in there. We have it to where it is accessible from the front so that I can clean it out. Is it a good idea to clean it out? Or should I just let her have it the way she wants it. I clean the rest of her cage out every week, but not sure if I should mess with "her" nest box or not. I know this is a stupid question, but I am wanting to put a rice buddy in there for cold nights. She is in a room indoors, but the room is not insulated. We do however run a heater on low at night to knock the chill out. What do you guys think?

Default Re: Quick question about Luckys nest box....

I opt to let my little grub have his house the way he wants it. Up until I find that I am missing keys or some other small item that might have been hoarded by a fluffy tailed devil As long as there is no food stored i it it should be fine to let him have it the way he wants it.
    P.S. There are no stupid questions unless they are NOT asked! Happy New Year!
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net