Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photos of Normal Feedings

Default Photos of Normal Feedings

Hi Ya'll,
    I really hope that someone out there will post some pics of a typical day's feeding. My E.T. is 8 months old and he's rather picky. I'm wondering if we're feeding him enough and of the right things. It'd be great to see the little "dinner" plates that you create and feed your NR's.

I was reading earlier that nuts seem to bring out aggressive behavior, that would explain E.T.'s recent aggression perhaps.

I'm thanking ya'll in advance for taking the time to take a few pics of your dinner plates
    Michelle
    "Every life matters to the good Lord above and it should matter to us as well!"

Pearl The Squirrel Guest

Default Re: Photos of Normal Feedings

Is there any way to bump this back up to the first page? I would like to see thie to, my Pearl is 9 weeks tommorw!

Arrow Re: Photos of Normal Feedings

Here are some photo's of what we feed Max on a daily basis:

Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:

Whoa! Now I'm wondering if I'm starving my little turd??

Littlefoot usually gets - 2 or 3 acorns, 2-3 Boo-Balls, a few pieces of cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, radishes and snap beans ( any combination of those depending on the day)

I didn't want to up the amount of veggies because he very very seldom eats them all but maybe I should anyway?

I started Max on vegetables first and limited his nuts & fruits... he also ate Zupreem Primate Dry (I use HHB now).

Yeah he only gets fruit once a day, a couple chunks of apple or peach, he also usually gets a couple small pieces of avacado ( cut very carefully so he doesnt get anything that touched the seed or the skin LOL )

Kristal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFootsMama
    Yeah he only gets fruit once a day, a couple chunks of apple or peach, he also usually gets a couple small pieces of avacado ( cut very carefully so he doesnt get anything that touched the seed or the skin LOL )
    Is the skin or seed bad somehow, or is he just picky?

The skin of an avocado is a big No No for Squirrels..... bad for them.
    no seed either - like w/ all fruit seeds

I will have to take pics. This should be a sticky...come on, squeeps, show us the num-nums!!!

I typically give them all a pecan when I first wake up (as I have to get the kids off to school first, so gives them a little something). Then I put out a big bowl of formula, and their hhb's. Late morning, I will give veggies, some regular rodent block, greens. After that, they get a few nuts. Lunch, which actually is usually around 2 pm, more greens, veggies, a little fruit. After that, some monkey chow biscuits. Dinner, which I feed later, around 7 or so, is more greens, veggies, one fruit, more rodent block and another bowl of formula, although not as much as the morning meal. And that is for four, so we go through quite a bit of food!!!! lol Oh, I also give them mushrooms with their dinner. And usually sometime during the day, I will bring in wild foods (leaves, branches, etc) during the afternoon, as well. They LOVE that part of the day! And I also give apple sticks a couple times a week, as well.
    President--Meemor Anonymous,
    Mary...
    MISS YOU NUT, LOVE YOU FOREVER.
    BEAN, NOW IN HEAVEN BUT FOREVER IN MY HEART,
    I AM A BETTER PERSON FOR HAVING LOVED YOU.
    BUDDY...YOU WERE MY BEST FRIEND AND I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER.
    PEANUT...YOU CHANGED ME FOREVER..AND TOOK MY HEART WHEN YOU LEFT.
    I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER AND A DAY.

You get away with a bowl of formula? God I wish LF would do that, he drinks from his water bottle pretty well but when I put a dish of water in there he-- are you ready? -- poops in it... It becomes his favorite poop place ever ./sigh

Mama's special boy

Quote Originally Posted by Kristal
    Is the skin or seed bad somehow, or is he just picky?
    My understanding is that both the skin and the seed are toxic to squees I cut sooo much away to play safe that I waste probably 90% of the avacado LOL

You get away with a bowl of formula? God I wish LF would do that, he drinks from his water bottle pretty well but when I put a dish of water in there he-- are you ready? -- poops in it... It becomes his favorite poop place ever ./sigh

Mama's special boy
    I've had a few that were special that way, myself.....
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

mpetys Guest

My three (10 - 13 wks old) will no longer allow me to hold them and take the formula from a syringe. I stuck a syringe through the bars one day and they were practiacally fighting each other over it. I now put up a water bottle with formula in it and they pretty much take turns drinking their fill. I do this while I am in the room feeding Davey. I leave the water bottle with formula up for about 15 minutes and then take it down. If they are still drinking, I will leave it up til they finish.

I tried a bowl but they were terrified of the formula getting on their noses. So, this is nice and easy and less mess.

Michele

virgo062 Guest

No pictures but Knothead and the soon to be released get "salad" twice a day
    I try to mix it up to keep it interesting but their plate is overflowing with any veggie I have in the fridge. They all love Mushrooms so they get those everyday. Knothead loves baked sweet potatos. Sometimes they clean the plate and somtimes they don't touch it and go for their stash. They all get Pecans at the end of the evening...Everyday there is Broccoli, Cauliflower and carrots and most days that stuff winds up on the ground but they have to put in in their mouth to sling it so surely some gets in their system

Quote Originally Posted by virgo062
    No pictures but Knothead and the soon to be released get "salad" twice a day
    I try to mix it up to keep it interesting but their plate is overflowing with any veggie I have in the fridge. They all love Mushrooms so they get those everyday. Knothead loves baked sweet potatos. Sometimes they clean the plate and somtimes they don't touch it and go for their stash. They all get Pecans at the end of the evening...Everyday there is Broccoli, Cauliflower and carrots and most days that stuff winds up on the ground but they have to put in in their mouth to sling it so surely some gets in their system
    I thought carrots were something dangerous to give regularly because of the vitamin A? Did I read wrong? Have I been depriving my little turd of one of his favorite things for no reason? We will have to try the sweet potato, LF's favorite by far is avacado.. Im pretty sure he would do a backflip for it if I asked him to

virgo062 Guest

I thought carrots were something dangerous to give regularly because of the vitamin A? Did I read wrong? Have I been depriving my little turd of one of his favorite things for no reason? We will have to try the sweet potato, LF's favorite by far is avacado.. Im pretty sure he would do a backflip for it if I asked him to
    He never eats more than a bite if that much I just put it there for color Knotheads not a fan of carrots but sometimes I do notice a small bite from it

Mama's special boy
    Then, you should be very grateful! Your potty problem solved! Couldn't be a better solution for dealing with squirrel poop pellets - just pick up that bowl and flush it down the toilet! No pellets scattered around!

virgo062 Guest

Carrots are in the "fair" catagory...Notice Mushrooms in the "evil"
    Knothead REALLY needs Vitamin "A" his eyesight is horrible. I think as long as they don't gorge on the bad stuff and get plenty of the good stuff a little POPTART now and again won't hurt But usually they will choose the bad stuff over the good stuff or at least mine do. But like I said the plate is spewing over and things are falling on the floor as I take it to them so there is plenty of good stuff to choose from. Since Knothead's eyesight is so bad he will take what's on top first so the good stuff is always on top

I just put a few pieces of carrots in my 5 weeks old cage (only vegetable in the house right now) and he did not like the wet feeling when he touched it - shook his little nose and ran away - lol. We will see how he likes them once they dry from being washed off before giving them to him. BTW - this is his first vegetable, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by astra
    Then, you should be very grateful! Your potty problem solved! Couldn't be a better solution for dealing with squirrel poop pellets - just pick up that bowl and flush it down the toilet! No pellets scattered around!
    God I wish He still poops everywhere else too ... I havent caught him yet but I'm positive that he backs up to the edge of the cage and projectile poops through the bars onto my carpet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast