Thread: Bot Fly infection- Warning graphic pictures

Threaded View

Default Bot Fly infection- Warning graphic pictures

I get this call about a "messed" up squirrel, He was found in a feed barrel. He has had numerous bot flies with at least 5-6 holes/marks from previous bot fly and I pulled three more out. He is missing hair on half his body and he smells from the necrosis of the tissue in his face. You can see a white tissue in his face and I realized it is his facial muscle, dead. He has puss seeping from both sides of his face and I know he does not deserve this but needed to vent. I am so grossed out. I was a medic for 9 years and this is THE WORST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN AND DEALT WITH!!! WTF! Geez God give the poor guy a break! I am going to have him put down tomorrow at the vets, no living creature deserves this. Poor baby.

Just the freaking icing on my cake because I found Marty dead today! He stopped eating yesterday but bit me 2 days ago. I put him in an isolated room since he had been beside my bed since I got him. He was doing soooo great, I am heart broken, grossed out, and my freaking fibromyalgia is killing me.
    Attached Images Attached Images