Thread: I have a breeding question

z9tellez Guest

Red face I have a breeding question

I want to become a licensed breeder..I've gotten in contact with the people to get the license however i need to know more information on captivity breeding other then that southern flying squirrels breed twice a year... before i get into this i'd like to make sure I know everything i possibly can... I do know that i'm responsible enough and have time on my hands... they are uch wonderful creatures and id like to share them to responsible peple as well..any tips facts or your experience would be very much appreciated. thank you!

Arrow Re: I have a breeding question

The number one thing to do (beside feed a good diet) is to make sure that you spend time with these little creatures bonding with them daily as you personally hold them and let them run all over you so they will be ready for their new owner..... the more bonded a sfs is its owner the more likely they will be greatly loved and cared for as they should be.

.... so make sure you invest in lots of bonding pouches with zippers.

Default Re: I have a breeding question

Breeding squirrels is not really a good idea, and this comes from a woman that has been breeding flyers for nearly 8 years. The tree squirrels do not breed well, if at all, in captivity, plus over 99% of them will turn mean and very possessive when they reach maturity. Flyers are fantastic pets, but even they have personality changes during breeding season. You have to be extremely careful who you sell to - make sure they know what they are getting in to, and are able to give them good homes.

If you want to discuss this more, email or PM me.

muffinsquirrel
    The Southeast Texas Acorn Academy

Already we have hickory nuts, black walnuts, pecan nuts, peanuts, hazel nuts, oak nuts, beech nuts, chestnuts.......and now you're here!

http://www.nfsa.us/phpBB2/index.php

momma2boo Guest

Default Re: I have a breeding question

This person wants to breed? Kind of personal for TSB don't ya think? LOL

sorry ... found it funny.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.