Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meg ate a bug ... YUK!

Default Re: Meg ate a bug ... YUK!

Quote Originally Posted by mugzeezma
    NO
    NO spiders!!
    Spiders are our friends!
    Yeah, ummmm.....not so much. I lost part of my thigh years ago after surgery was needed to "fix" what a brown recluse did to me. Nope, spiders are DEFINATELY not MY friends!!!

lizharrell1

Did the spider live to talk about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Skul
    Did the spider live to talk about it?
    I rolled over on it in my sleep. I had a water bed at the time. I woke up feeling like my leg was on fire and within 10 minutes my thigh started to turn black. Hubby and I are both nurses so we knew it was bad. Hubby looked in bed and found the spider and put it in a baby food jar (it was dead). Rushed to the ER and was in surgery within the hour. Don't wish to ever have THAT happen again. ER identified spider as a brown recluse. I had never even HEARD of them prior to that.

lizharrell1

momma2boo Guest

Ok ... I've been to the thread and I've made up my mind, I will be buying the freeze dried chicken from Pet Supermarket for Meg. Those worms are horrible looking and I am not having those things turn into bugs ... crawling around my house. Ewwwww (shuddering), my skin is crawling.

Quote Originally Posted by momma2boo
    Ok ... I've been to the thread and I've made up my mind, I will be buying the freeze dried chicken from Pet Supermarket for Meg. Those worms are horrible looking and I am not having those things turn into bugs ... crawling around my house. Ewwwww (shuddering), my skin is crawling.
    Poor deprived little Meggie....she will never know the wonderful feel of slurping mealworms down her throat All the other squirrels will make fun of her "WHAT? Your Mommy doesn't feed you mealworms?"

lizharrell1

momma2boo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lizharrell1
    Poor deprived little Meggie....she will never know the wonderful feel of slurping mealworms down her throat All the other squirrels will make fun of her "WHAT? Your Mommy doesn't feed you mealworms?"
    I'll be sure she doesn't talk to any of TSB'er squirrels to compare notes. No Meggie, I'm sorry girl but you're not allowed to play with those mealworm slurping hussies. LOL

mugzeezma Guest

OG Julie
    GET THE HECK OVER IT!
    they are good for they baby!!!!

The bugs are good! NO BIG DEAL!!!
    ... unless you make them that way

God almighty what is with people and BUGS!!!

they make great pets!

Have you8 noticed I LOVE picking on you ????

mugzeezma Guest

I'll be sure she doesn't talk to any of TSB'er squirrels to compare notes. No Meggie, I'm sorry girl but you're not allowed to play with those mealworm slurping hussies. LOL
    Mugz Olive and Chucky LOVED the bugs
    NO HUSSIES HERE!!!!

damn your funny!

Julie, I am with you. I tried it for my girls, or rather THEY tried it, and we all moved on from that experience. I will never do it again. My daughter (who is 16) set all the rest of the mealworms free. OUTSIDE. BY A TREE. IN A NEIGHBOR'S YARD. Guess what I saw the next morning? Yep. A bunch of the neighborhood wilds chowing down at the base of that tree. We checked later. Not a worm in site.

lizharrell1

Wait until she gets onto your porch someday and finds a sun-dried lizard and crunches that down.
    Anne
    Wildlife and Squirrel Rescue,Inc.
    Rescuing Fl squirrels since 1979
    Moderator: NFSA Emergency Care
    Wildlife Intake Coordinator and Rehab Consultant at "The Ark Wildlife Care and Sanctuary Inc"
    http://www.thearkwildlifecareandsanctuary.com/

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but learning to how to dance in the rain"

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it taken place."
    George Bernard Shaw

"Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear." - Mark Twain

mugzeezma Guest

Yeah, ummmm.....not so much. I lost part of my thigh years ago after surgery was needed to "fix" what a brown recluse did to me. Nope, spiders are DEFINATELY not MY friends!!!
    Noone said you had to SLEEP WITH THEM LIZ!!!

Sheeesh!!!

I so don't wanna go there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mugzeezma
    Noone said you had to SLEEP WITH THEM LIZ!!!

Sheeesh!!!

I so don't wanna go there!!!
    Hey, just to set the record straight.... I didn't sleep with IT, IT slept with ME!! (or rather, bit me, which to be totally honest here, I am STILL holding a grudge against that darned spider. You know I spent 2 weeks in the hospital after my little visit from the spider? Surgery, antibiotics, you name it. Actually, to be fair: I do not go out of my way to harm spiders, and on more than one occasion recently I have actually relocated a few outside. And just tonight, my cat Ariel discovered one in the living room.........Okay, THAT one kind of freaked me out.....he was little and kind of furry and it HOPPED!!! AND THEN......the little sucker CHARGED at me. Not feeling warm fuzzy thoughts about him, BUT.......he also has been safely relocated outside. But I can spot a brown recluse from a mile off and I will tell you that if I come in contact with another one of THOSE monsters, I won't be nice to him. Sorry.

lizharrell1

This may sound sickening but.......
    We raised some baby turkeys (poults) and were advised to feed crickets. To avoid having to pull wings or legs off we just put the crickets in the freezer for a minute before feeding. The crickets would quickly go to sleep and as they started waking up they were slow moving so the little poults could gobble them down.
    I do not plan on trying out crickets or grubs on Wayne & Garth but now that they spend time in their outdoor cage I have observed Wayne eating flies. I have only seen it twice - not sure if Garth approves or not. Wayne is my bug lover and I'm guessing he likes em crunchy too.:toung3

mugzeezma Guest

Hey, just to set the record straight.... I didn't sleep with IT, IT slept with ME!! (or rather, bit me, which to be totally honest here, I am STILL holding a grudge against that darned spider. You know I spent 2 weeks in the hospital after my little visit from the spider? Surgery, antibiotics, you name it. Actually, to be fair: I do not go out of my way to harm spiders, and on more than one occasion recently I have actually relocated a few outside. And just tonight, my cat Ariel discovered one in the living room.........Okay, THAT one kind of freaked me out.....he was little and kind of furry and it HOPPED!!! AND THEN......the little sucker CHARGED at me. Not feeling warm fuzzy thoughts about him, BUT.......he also has been safely relocated outside. But I can spot a brown recluse from a mile off and I will tell you that if I come in contact with another one of THOSE monsters, I won't be nice to him. Sorry.
    Quite honestly if I see ANY bug in my kids bedroom or mine?

They are ATOMIZED.
    I do believe somewhat in Darwinism(survival of the fittest).

momma2boo Guest

Well, I bought the freeze dried chicken for Meg ... and she turned her cute little nose up at it. Apparently she has a much more sophisticated pallet ... for BUGS!!! What's a mother to do?

I rolled over on it in my sleep. I had a water bed at the time. I woke up feeling like my leg was on fire and within 10 minutes my thigh started to turn black. Hubby and I are both nurses so we knew it was bad. Hubby looked in bed and found the spider and put it in a baby food jar (it was dead). Rushed to the ER and was in surgery within the hour. Don't wish to ever have THAT happen again. ER identified spider as a brown recluse. I had never even HEARD of them prior to that.
    I have heard of them. My husband has a collection of over 450 tarantulas. And yes they are live ones. Good thing that he brought the spider with him. Those ones are known for giving REALLY BAD bites. Most spider bites would feel like a mosquito bite. Brown recluses on the other hand have a worse bite than one of my husbands tarantulas with a 9 inch leg span. Most tarantula bites are no more than a bee sting. though they can be much worse. No we have never been bit and don't own anything that could kill you.

This place would be like heaven and hell for most of you at the same time. Lots of squirrels and tons of tarantulas.

About the mealworms.....You can alsomake your own colony of them by buying your initial batch/ put them in a critter keeper with some unprepared oatmeal and a piece of potato. They will turn into beetles and keep making new mealworms. Very easy to care for with very little effort. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM PROTEIN!

momma2boo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfriend
    About the mealworms.....You can alsomake your own colony of them by buying your initial batch/ put them in a critter keeper with some unprepared oatmeal and a piece of potato. They will turn into beetles and keep making new mealworms. Very easy to care for with very little effort. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM PROTEIN!
    Yeah .... Mugzimom offered that little tid bit a little earlier. I still say ... uhhhhh, no thanks. It creeps me the heck out. Plus hubby has said "we've got 2 cats, a squirrel, and a bunny. I am putting my foot down with this and saying no bugs or worms are coming into this house." LOL, he's a bigger wuss than me.

Psssssst- You can also buy the dead freeze dried ones at the petstore
    Anne
    Wildlife and Squirrel Rescue,Inc.
    Rescuing Fl squirrels since 1979
    Moderator: NFSA Emergency Care
    Wildlife Intake Coordinator and Rehab Consultant at "The Ark Wildlife Care and Sanctuary Inc"
    http://www.thearkwildlifecareandsanctuary.com/

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but learning to how to dance in the rain"

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it taken place."
    George Bernard Shaw

"Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear." - Mark Twain

momma2boo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Psssssst- You can also buy the dead freeze dried ones at the petstore
    I can????? The mealworms????? That's great ... I'll be sure to look for them. She might really like them since they will be crunchy. Thanks for the tip.

Try dragon flys-my squirrely loves them, she'll chase them, catch and eat it-I guess if your a squirrel it's yummy-I'll pass thankyou

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.