Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meg ate a bug ... YUK!

momma2boo Guest

Default Meg ate a bug ... YUK!

First let me begin by saying we do not use pesticides in our house or yard for a couple really big reasons:

1) They are poisons and if they poison bugs they can poison us.
    2) I like to pick stuff from our yard to feed Meg.

Anyhow ... Meg found a, what appeared to be dead, bug and she ate it. She would not let me anywhere near her mouth to take it from her.

Is this normal?

Should I buy her bugs to eat as part of her regular diet? Ewwww, my skin is just crawling to think I will have to do that but you know I will if I have to.

Thanks ... I think.

Default Re: Meg ate a bug ... YUK!

You may as well go ahead and bite the bullet, head out to your local bait and tackle shop and buy the starving girl some mealworms. Disgusting, I know. But apparently she will thank you for it. Warning though: it is nasty to watch them eat them. We have dedicated whole threads on this board to mealworms. Yuck!

lizharrell1

momma2boo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lizharrell1
    You may as well go ahead and bite the bullet, head out to your local bait and tackle shop and buy the starving girl some mealworms. Disgusting, I know. But apparently she will thank you for it. Warning though: it is nasty to watch them eat them. We have dedicated whole threads on this board to mealworms. Yuck!
    Really? Mealworms? Can they be bought anywhere else other than stinky bait and tackle shops?

I admit: I only bought them ONE time and Tessa gagged on it after she bit into it and white stuff came oozing out. My girls didn't like them, but others on this board SWEAR by them. Especially the flyer people. Flyers apparently LOVE them. Greys do too. They slurp them in like little noodles. I don't know where else to get them other than bait and tackle stores. If you get her some, make sure to take some video for us!!!

lizharrell1

mugzeezma Guest

Quote Originally Posted by momma2boo
    Really? Mealworms? Can they be bought anywhere else other than stinky bait and tackle shops?
    Get the GIANT mealworms!!! Mugzi Hates the Superworms and even I, ME, the Woman of Steel cringes when they the heads off those and start munching
    Earwigs are yummy...I threw flies to the turtles.
    Yes your beautiful dainty little lady would love some bugs please

momma2boo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lizharrell1
    If you get her some, make sure to take some video for us!!!
    She seemed to like the crunchy bug ... don't know if she will like the gooey insides of a worm though. God, I hope not since I kiss her right on the mouth. I may never be able to do that again if she actually eats one. Do they have crunchy worms or bugs I can give her?

If I can bring myself to give them to her I will video it ... in between the gagging.

mugzeezma Guest

Most pet stores carry them...lizards some snakes and tortoises/turtles eat them. Some people will feed them with tweezers. I feed them head first so the don't end up crawling around.
    You can try crickets too. You'll have to pull off the big jumping legs or they are eveywhere...kind of a hassle in mu estimation and right up there on the cruel chart even if it's a food bug.

mugzeezma Guest

She seemed to like the crunchy bug ... don't know if she will like the gooey insides of a worm though. God, I hope not since I kiss her right on the mouth. I may never be able to do that again if she actually eats one. Do they have crunchy worms or bugs I can give her?

If I can bring myself to give them to her I will video it ... in between the gagging.
    Crunchy bugs may be fun to watch her case...better hope she catches them though!
    Oh I definitely want a front row seat for that!!

Olive tried to catch a fly on my window screen OMG was that cute!!!

She'll like the meal worms and if not put them in a tub with some oatmeal and a potato slice and the will pupate and become black beetles about 1/2" long

momma2boo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mugzeezma
    ... if not put them in a tub with some oatmeal and a potato slice and the will pupate and become black beetles about 1/2" long
    Ummmmmmmm ..... NO!

mugzeezma Guest

Ummmmmmmm ..... NO!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Oh c'mon YOU KNOW YOU WANT TOOOO!!!!

Petco and most of the big chains have them. And what are you whining about? Mister P ate a SLUG!

Mealworms vs. Superworms etc....
    This is the name of the thread started awhile back...not sure how to post the link......great reading....just not when you are eating dinner!

lizharrell1

Okay, couldn't figure out how to post the link to the other thread so I just bumped the old thread for M2B to see!! And it has PICTURES!!!!

lizharrell1

Yup, squirrels do eat insects.
    Flyers love them.
    While you're at the pet store, pick up a small pachage of freeze-dried chicken bits. (dog treat)
    Make sure chicken is the only ingredient.
    You might be surprised how fast Meg will eat one.

Try letting her loose on a moth! I found a big one awhile back, caught it & put it in Teddy's cage. OMG! That was a riot to watch him chase it down, catch it & eat every little bit of it!
    Shanon, Squammy to...

Quote Originally Posted by Legomom
    Try letting her loose on a moth! I found a big one awhile back, caught it & put it in Teddy's cage. OMG! That was a riot to watch him chase it down, catch it & eat every little bit of it!
    Legomom.....no offense meant here, BUT you REALLY need to get out more!!!!

lizharrell1

Oh, please don't let Legomom find a big, fat, juicy spider. Please.

Or a big juicy snail.....I can just see Legomom's squirrels trying to dig a snail out of a shell and then slurping it down And they won't even need the garlic butter!!

lizharrell1

mugzeezma Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Legomom
    OMG that is better than just about any Discovery program Ain it!!!!!

mugzeezma Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Meglos
    Oh, please don't let Legomom find a big, fat, juicy spider. Please.
    NO
    NO spiders!!
    Spiders are our friends!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.