Thread: Question about fruits for my Grey.

Hybrid View

Default Question about fruits for my Grey.

She refuses to eat fruit. It seems OK as they have alot of sugar anyway but is this normal? I have tried Bannanas, apples- she like only the core, oranges, cranberry, grapes, watermelon. She just refuses to eat them.
    Almost everything in this post is misspelled

JAQUELINE (RELEASED) AND TALULA (RELEASED)

Default Re: Question about fruits for my Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by crazysquirrels
    She refuses to eat fruit. It seems OK as they have alot of sugar anyway but is this normal? I have tried Bannanas, apples- she like only the core, oranges, cranberry, grapes, watermelon. She just refuses to eat them.
    I'd say that's a good problem to have.... She's eating the rest of the Healthy Diet, right?

Fruits are really a treat. Just make sure she eats a good variety of veggies of all colors to make sure she gets plenty of fresh vitamins.
    Henry's Healthy Pets
    Henry's Healthy Blocks, Fox Valley Formula, Fleecies Cage Gear and more

The animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations… ~Henry Beston, The Outermost House, 1928

She gets the blocks in the morning and veggies all day and a few nuts at night.
    Almost everything in this post is misspelled

JAQUELINE (RELEASED) AND TALULA (RELEASED)

Quote Originally Posted by crazysquirrels
    She gets the blocks in the morning and veggies all day and a few nuts at night.

Sounds good.

Never hurts to try a small piece of fruit once in a while. One day she'll decide she likes them.
    Henry's Healthy Pets
    Henry's Healthy Blocks, Fox Valley Formula, Fleecies Cage Gear and more

The animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations… ~Henry Beston, The Outermost House, 1928

hi..........for what its worth, chickoo loved bananas when she was little...........turned her nose up at them when she got older............and now loves them all over again...........

I feed greys/fox/reds everyday (wild ones outside). After reading a lot on this 'squirrel board", I decided to try to feed my visitors more nutritious snacks. Yesterday I placed a small carrot outside my door where I usually put the nuts. My favorite 'black' grey squirrel came up to the door and when she seen the carrot she became alarmed (as if it were a secret squirrel weapon), she placed her whole body flat on the porch as if to keep her legs at the farthest away position possible from the carrot and then sniffed in back of it to try to find a nut. Later another more dominant male grey came up to the porch, took his paw and swatted it away as if to say "nice try buddy now give us the hazel nuts". I did order some squirrel healthy blocks last week and when they arrive I will give them a try. When I first started feeding them, they would eat wild bird food, in order to coax them away from bird feeder I started giving them unsalted peanuts (which initially they loved), then I gave them some walnuts and hazelnuts, now they will not accept a peanut they just sniff it and walk away like it was beneath them. My favorite one will peek into my door and wait for me to show her a nut, if she approves, she will drop whatever nut she chose on the porch and wait for me to feed her the nut she seen through the door. She will place it in her mouth, stare at me for a couple seconds and prance away (and come back as often as you are willing to keep feeding her, hiding most of them).