Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lady & Viv

Default Re: Advice needed for squirrel with front leg missing

K—you have taken a random thought and are really doing a great job making sure everything is perfect for Lady. This is very strenuous work, please don’t do all today and take precautions not to hurt yourself, remember not everyone is as giving as you are and are in a position to help King Diggie, should something happen to you. That said, very well laid out plan about putting the stone down, I am sure your neighbor and Lady are so happy. Have a joyous night.
    —E
    “Why she Had to go I don't know,
    she wouldn't say,
    now I long for yesterday."
    —Pointy Tail 03/17/09—

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his LIFE, his LOVE, his LEADER. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"—Unknown
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.

Hi PT. Yes, it 's tiring. Will skip putting them down today. Will be going over to prepare container for rain which is expected to come tonite thru tomorrow nite. Once again, am hoping that container continues to hold up. 24 hrs of rain will certainly be test. Neighbor called to ask if I could bring more chestnuts. Lady ran out of them. You see, PT, you have spoiled another squirrel. In addition to King Diggie, we now have Queen Lady. SMILE!!!!!K

K—Hi! I have no doubt the container will hold even through the rain, because you put that awesome drain hole in the bottom, it will all be fine, don’t worry. That is funny about your neighbor wanting more Chestnuts for Lady—they are really one of those seasonal items—they don’t particularly freeze well—although they do make an exceptional frozen treat for those hot humid summer days. Yes, I see Lady is now ubber spoiled, I will not tell Diggie that you’ve found his Queen Lady! Big smile ear to ear.
    All the best,
    —E
    she wouldn't say,
    —Pointy Tail 03/17/09—

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his LIFE, his LOVE, his LEADER. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"—Unknown
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.

Hi PT: We still haven't had rain yet so I'm just a nervous mommie-drainage hole was great idea & it is securely fastened but still worried. Tomorrow is supposed to be good weather so will work on stones, K

K: Pls b careful not to get hurt putting all the stones arounds, and don't forget the chestnuts for Lady (just kidding, I know you won't forget).
    —E
    she wouldn't say,
    —Pointy Tail 03/17/09—

Adoresquirrels Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pointy Tale
    K: Pls b careful not to get hurt putting all the stones arounds, and don't forget the chestnuts for Lady (just kidding, I know you won't forget).

PT, I know that you are one of the kindest ppl on here & I know you only wish the best for Lady also. I also hope that she appreciates all the hard work that K is doing for her. Hopefully it will all work out ok. I am glad that she is the only one in the yard, no other squirrels bothering her. She sounds like a sweetheart.

PT. Thanks for thinking of me... I'm going to do another small section this afternoon. I CANNOT forget the chestnuts. Lady ate only chestnuts from feeder yesterday. I think my kids only love me as a "chestnut tree" K

Quote Originally Posted by Adoresquirrels
    PT, I know that you are one of the kindest ppl on here & I know you only wish the best for Lady also. I also hope that she appreciates all the hard work that K is doing for her. Hopefully it will all work out ok. I am glad that she is the only one in the yard, no other squirrels bothering her. She sounds like a sweetheart.
    A: Ditto on PT being one of the kindest ppl here, but let's not give her a BIG HEAD! It's bad enough she's chasing her nose (A, she has used that expression in some of her posts, if you didn't see them). Lady is the sweetest & I too am glad she's alone. You may have read experiences of Denny, Min's baby. She, too, is glad he's alone! K

Oh dear K—you have chestnut addicted squirrels—too funny! It is a cold one today, was already out, need my winter gear. Be careful.
    Oh—now you and A are embarrassing me, can you see the red face. Yes, let’s not let it so to my big head, thanks for raining me in.
    —E
    she wouldn't say,
    —Pointy Tail 03/17/09—

Oh dear K—you have chestnut addicted squirrels—too funny! It is a cold one today, was already out, need my winter gear. Be careful.
    Oh—now you and A are embarrassing me, can you see the red face. Yes, let’s not let it so to my big head, thanks for raining me in.
    Yes, PT, I see your red face but can't tell if the nose is back. Didn't your grandma teach you to accept a compliment graciously. I def. have chestnut addicted squirrels. Will have to look into rehab. after Thanksgiving, when I can't get them anymore. When Diggie gets mad, you know what I always tell him-"it's Aunt PT's fault." K

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine
    Yes, PT, I see your red face but can't tell if the nose is back. Didn't your grandma teach you to accept a compliment graciously. I def. have chestnut addicted squirrels. Will have to look into rehab. after Thanksgiving, when I can't get them anymore. When Diggie gets mad, you know what I always tell him-"it's Aunt PT's fault." K
    K: agree better to tell Diggie it's my fault than yours! OK. Good luck with Stone installation today.
    —E
    she wouldn't say,
    —Pointy Tail 03/17/09—

Adoresquirrels Guest

A: Ditto on PT being one of the kindest ppl here, but let's not give her a BIG HEAD! It's bad enough she's chasing her nose (A, she has used that expression in some of her posts, if you didn't see them). Lady is the sweetest & I too am glad she's alone. You may have read experiences of Denny, Min's baby. She, too, is glad he's alone! K
    Yes K, we definitely DO NOT want to give PT a big head with that nose problem she has, lol. j/k Yes, I have read about Denny also, Mindy's baby. He sounds sweet also, these mentally challenged ones are so sweet. I wish she would post more pics, we love pics!!!!

Adoresquirrels Guest

PT-I don't think you could ever get a big head. You're very kind & sweet & always praying for everyone.

Update: Friend from Manhattan came over yesterday to help me finish putting down stone path for Lady; any needed adj. to be made after next rain. Path goes from bottom of upside -down bucket at base of tree to neighbor's backyard door. It is not too wide. Will get more stones if nec. We all went inside to let Lady investigate. Well, after experimenting, she followed it. Neighbor was throwing nuts from door to encourage little gal to come & she did. So, now, when soil is dry, she combines walking on soil & path, but each time up & down tree, she uses bucket to tree route. Def. makes it easier. I only fill feeder when rain due. Lady & neighbor very bonded since stone path brings Lady closer to her. Both are quite Happy! Many thanks to my good friend for going out of her way to help. K

K: great update. Good news for Lady. Keep us posted on her progress, especially during rainy weather.
    —E
    she wouldn't say,
    —Pointy Tail 03/17/09—

Adoresquirrels Guest

K- sounds like a great outcome! Thanks to your friend also for all the help, that was very kind of her. Glad to hear that the bond between Lady & neighbor is growing, that's a nice thing. It's great when things work out including little Georgia's new home.

Unhappy Re: Advice needed for squirrel with front leg missing

Hey, did everyone forget about me or are you all just thinking of that baby Georgia, Remember me, Lady

K—yes, I remember Lady, last I read you installed the last of the rocks at your neighbor’s house, installed the bucket at the base of the tree and the butter type container on the tree and fill only during inclement weather. How has the weather been—are all these systems you’ve put into place working? Do they need any tweaking? I’m sure I can come up with other ideas.
    —E
    she wouldn't say,
    —Pointy Tail 03/17/09—

Adoresquirrels Guest

Hey, did everyone forget about me or are you all just thinking of that baby Georgia, Remember me, Lady
    K-yep, you caught us, we're all thinking of baby Georgia now, lol I'm very happy that Lady has brought some happiness & light into this poor woman's life. It's always better to have something to get up in the morning for. That's great all the hard work you guys have done for her & Lady. Hope it helps Lady out some. Is she feeding her nuts? Wasn't sure what she was feeding her, does she come up to the door? Wishing Lady good health also.

K—yes, I remember Lady, last I read you installed the last of the rocks at your neighbor’s house, installed the bucket at the base of the tree and the butter type container on the tree and fill only during inclement weather. How has the weather been—are all these systems you’ve put into place working? Do they need any tweaking? I’m sure I can come up with other ideas.
    Good morning PT. My post as Lady was just more for fun. Her mommie said everyone's going to forget her bec. of baby. Told her I wouldn't be there if she were forgotten. Weather has been drizzle on & off. Supposed to be more today, tomorrow & Sat. So far everything is holding but hasn't been put to test since no heavy rain. I believe container is secure. I am concerned to see if stone path or individual stones shift when very wet, so she doesn't get 1 front leg stuck, or she has any unforseen problems. Thanks for thinking of me Aunt PT, Love Lady

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast