Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
Results 761 to 778 of 778

Thread: Lady & Viv

  1. #761
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Playas del Coco, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
    Posts
    27,803
    Thanked: 5425

    Default Re: Lady & Viv

    Hope this is the size you were aiming at...

    Stosh >>> Keeper of the KING
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #762
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Posts
    3,367
    Thanked: 1

    Default Re: Lady & Viv

    Thank you Stosh, you are the best. I have resizing on the work computer and think I have that figured out but not at home and at work I never have the time to mess with pics as it should be I think
    By the time my husband and I got a good pic she was moved and awake but oh well. I saw a pic of Rama the other day. Amazing your story is just amazing.

  3. #763
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,702
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Lady & Viv

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Brady
    Thank you Stosh, you are the best. I have resizing on the work computer and think I have that figured out but not at home and at work I never have the time to mess with pics as it should be I think
    By the time my husband and I got a good pic she was moved and awake but oh well. I saw a pic of Rama the other day. Amazing your story is just amazing.
    Kelly. The pic of "Paco in the Pocket" is just adorable. It has made my day. I also thank Stosh for helping resize it She is so cute. Paco should take up modeling
    How is your Dad, Kelly. Sorry to read that he had emergency surgery. Hope he is OK.
    We've had cool, damp & rainy weather here. I know this is bothering Viv's legs. She 's on increased glucosamine & the "Joint Relief" rec by Grinn should arrive today. Yesterday morning was so cold & even tho Viv is in a warm room , I could tell her legs were bothering her. I got the idea of putting the handwarmers from her outside box days to use. I put one under her bedding & I could see she liked it. Her body temp also warmed up. Her thermoregulation doesn't function well anymore. She's eating normally & is her usual friendly self, so I'm hoping for the best.
    Does anyone else hang out in your pocket

  4. #764
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,702
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Lady & Viv

    I want to thank Crittermom for telling me about a 'low voltage dog bed" which would provide heat for Viv 24/7. I googled a company called fetchdog.com. They have one in size XS with measurements that would fit into her Hideaway, rec by IR. It's safe & will help Viv's senior bones.
    We thank you again, Crittermom

  5. #765
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Posts
    3,367
    Thanked: 1

    Default Re: Lady & Viv

    Quote Originally Posted by Katherine
    Kelly. The pic of "Paco in the Pocket" is just adorable. It has made my day. I also thank Stosh for helping resize it She is so cute. Paco should take up modeling
    How is your Dad, Kelly. Sorry to read that he had emergency surgery. Hope he is OK.
    We've had cool, damp & rainy weather here. I know this is bothering Viv's legs. She 's on increased glucosamine & the "Joint Relief" rec by Grinn should arrive today. Yesterday morning was so cold & even tho Viv is in a warm room , I could tell her legs were bothering her. I got the idea of putting the handwarmers from her outside box days to use. I put one under her bedding & I could see she liked it. Her body temp also warmed up. Her thermoregulation doesn't function well anymore. She's eating normally & is her usual friendly self, so I'm hoping for the best.
    Does anyone else hang out in your pocket
    Hi Katherine,
    Bless my parents hearts, they have had a time of it lately. My Dad had colon cancer surgery (it was stage two only and did not need follow up chemo thank goodness) about 9 months ago. Well all the sudden a large hernia along the incision line appeared and grew quickley in size so the surgeon said lets get this immediatly. Poor guy. He was in agony the day after surgery but feels like a million dollars now. Thanks for asking.
    Wow the hand warmer in her bedding was such a good idea and then to read about Crittermoms suggestion. Wonderful people here on tsb for sure. After my Peanut injured himself from a bad fall Crittermom helped me to get him to eat again. He was skin and bone and she saved him with her suggestions. I tell you the older I get the harder it is to get warm I can imagine what tiny little Viv's bones feel like.
    Know one else sleeps in my pocket currently. Only my buddy Paco. Peanut used to but he will only sleep in his bed now. If I try to keep him awake to snuggle he is like a over tired child and just gets cranky. Paco is different, I will tell her things like "oh wow Viv is an inside squirrel now"
    I swear she get excited and runs around my shoulders.

    Any way that rainy moist cool weather has got to be hard on your girl. warmth is always fabulous isn't it? She will be fine you good Momma you, and Helen too!!!!

  6. #766
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,702
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Lady & Viv

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Brady
    Hi Katherine,
    Bless my parents hearts, they have had a time of it lately. My Dad had colon cancer surgery (it was stage two only and did not need follow up chemo thank goodness) about 9 months ago. Well all the sudden a large hernia along the incision line appeared and grew quickley in size so the surgeon said lets get this immediatly. Poor guy. He was in agony the day after surgery but feels like a million dollars now. Thanks for asking.
    Wow the hand warmer in her bedding was such a good idea and then to read about Crittermoms suggestion. Wonderful people here on tsb for sure. After my Peanut injured himself from a bad fall Crittermom helped me to get him to eat again. He was skin and bone and she saved him with her suggestions. I tell you the older I get the harder it is to get warm I can imagine what tiny little Viv's bones feel like.
    Know one else sleeps in my pocket currently. Only my buddy Paco. Peanut used to but he will only sleep in his bed now. If I try to keep him awake to snuggle he is like a over tired child and just gets cranky. Paco is different, I will tell her things like "oh wow Viv is an inside squirrel now"
    I swear she get excited and runs around my shoulders.

    Any way that rainy moist cool weather has got to be hard on your girl. warmth is always fabulous isn't it? She will be fine you good Momma you, and Helen too!!!!
    Hi Kelly. Your Dad has been through a lot. I',m glad he's doing OK.
    Yes, Crittermom's suggestion of a low-voltage dog bed is perfeect for Viv (thanks again). I ordered it in XS so it's a good size for a squirrel & will fit into her Hideaway. What's perfect for Viv is that it will provide 24/7 warmth for her. I know Viv is failing and I want her to be as comfortable as possible. If Lady gets jealous, we will, of course, get her one too...

  7. #767
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    15,963
    Thanked: 4216

    Default Re: Lady & Viv

    I saw those a while ago...I was looking into that basic idea. I have low voltage heated bird perches for all of my parrots at night and they just love them - wouldn't even THINK of sleeping anywhere else. They use almost no electricity and won't give more than a little "zap" if they are bitten through, but the design of the cord makes it feasible to get it out of their reach. They only heat to like 100-110 degrees, which is just about body temp, so no fear of getting way too hot. I hope they work - Katherine is my guinea pig - or rather, Viv is.

  8. #768
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Posts
    3,367
    Thanked: 1

    Default Re: Lady & Viv

    The low voltage mat seems so wonderful. Can't wait to see how it feels to Viv. Of course Lady may very well be jealous and feel neglected MOM.

    How are the girls. Wish we know how old Viv is. Do you have any idea how far back you connected with her in the park?

  9. #769
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,702
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Lady & Viv

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Brady
    The low voltage mat seems so wonderful. Can't wait to see how it feels to Viv. Of course Lady may very well be jealous and feel neglected MOM.

    How are the girls. Wish we know how old Viv is. Do you have any idea how far back you connected with her in the park?
    Hi Kelly. The low voltage bed arrived a few days ago. So far, I've put it outside of the cage, plugged in, to let Viv get used to it. Took one of her blankets & put in there. She was reluctant at first, but then went in it. The blanket is small, so it doesn't defeat the purpose of the heated bed. I just wanted her to get the scent. She goes in & seems to like it. Next step, would be to put it inside the cage, but not the Hideaway, as yet. So far, Lady has not gone in. I've increased her glucosimine to 1 pill/day. Hoping that will help also. I first met Viv last summer & her legs were slow then. She was always a gentle, friendly squirrel.
    How is "Paco in the Pocket" and your 3 little ones. Do they still visit?

  10. #770
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Cradle of Liberty
    Posts
    8,742
    Thanked: 849

    Default Re: Lady & Viv

    Sounds like an electric blanket. Can she get away from it if she wants? Can she dial her sleep number?

  11. #771
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,702
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Lady & Viv

    Quote Originally Posted by JLM27
    Sounds like an electric blanket. Can she get away from it if she wants? Can she dial her sleep number?
    It's a "low voltage doggie bed" suggested by Crittermom. I bought size XS, so it's good for a squirrel. Viv can get in & out of it easily. I will try to teach her to dial

  12. #772
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    15,963
    Thanked: 4216

    Default Re: Lady & Viv

    Quote Originally Posted by JLM27
    Sounds like an electric blanket. Can she get away from it if she wants? Can she dial her sleep number?
    The low voltage stuff only heats to 102 to 110 degrees, which is just a smidge over normal body temperature. They don't get "hot."

  13. #773
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,702
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Lady & Viv

    Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom
    The low voltage stuff only heats to 102 to 110 degrees, which is just a smidge over normal body temperature. They don't get "hot."
    Viv says: "Thank you, Crittermom" It's rainy, damp & cool in NYC. The bed makes her senior bones feel good. I've also increased the g/c to 1 120mg tablet/day

  14. #774
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Posts
    3,367
    Thanked: 1

    Default Re: Lady & Viv

    Quote Originally Posted by Katherine
    Hi Kelly. The low voltage bed arrived a few days ago. So far, I've put it outside of the cage, plugged in, to let Viv get used to it. Took one of her blankets & put in there. She was reluctant at first, but then went in it. The blanket is small, so it doesn't defeat the purpose of the heated bed. I just wanted her to get the scent. She goes in & seems to like it. Next step, would be to put it inside the cage, but not the Hideaway, as yet. So far, Lady has not gone in. I've increased her glucosimine to 1 pill/day. Hoping that will help also. I first met Viv last summer & her legs were slow then. She was always a gentle, friendly squirrel.
    How is "Paco in the Pocket" and your 3 little ones. Do they still visit?
    That bed sounds wonderful!!!! There is nothing worse than being damp and chilly. Everything aches. I wish I could see the set up. It sounds wonderful. Have you ask your vet if someithing else may help when Viv is moving so slow? Of course we hate medicine unless neccesary but may help for those really bad days. I know you have said she has some worse days than others and I would imagine meticam would would really help. It sure helped Peanut to move his head after his really bad fall. You could see the difference within 10 minutes of giving it. Maybe the increase in Glucosimine will help her as well.
    Paco is wonderful and can't wait to snuggle each night. She is special. Peanut is a little angel latley too! He is not interested in leaving.
    My three still come around for their choice foods, however the two girls are few and far in between. Clearance is my baby boy and still comes home each day. He still climbs up my leg and around my neck and hops off. There is NO touching him anymore though he clearly does not like that. But he knows who Mommy is still. Bless him. Keep me posted on the low voltage mat and how Viv is doing with it. It sounds like a wonderful thing. Funny Lady is stand off ish.

  15. #775
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,702
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Lady & Viv

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Brady
    That bed sounds wonderful!!!! There is nothing worse than being damp and chilly. Everything aches. I wish I could see the set up. It sounds wonderful. Have you ask your vet if someithing else may help when Viv is moving so slow? Of course we hate medicine unless neccesary but may help for those really bad days. I know you have said she has some worse days than others and I would imagine meticam would would really help. It sure helped Peanut to move his head after his really bad fall. You could see the difference within 10 minutes of giving it. Maybe the increase in Glucosimine will help her as well.
    Paco is wonderful and can't wait to snuggle each night. She is special. Peanut is a little angel latley too! He is not interested in leaving.
    My three still come around for their choice foods, however the two girls are few and far in between. Clearance is my baby boy and still comes home each day. He still climbs up my leg and around my neck and hops off. There is NO touching him anymore though he clearly does not like that. But he knows who Mommy is still. Bless him. Keep me posted on the low voltage mat and how Viv is doing with it. It sounds like a wonderful thing. Funny Lady is stand off ish.
    Am picturing Paco on your lap. Peanut is no fool. Why leave great Mommie I'm glad Clearance is there every day. Must make you feel good. Do you think the girls will make a complete break? Yes, Lady, is stand-off-ish. She & I never had the same bond as Viv, but like humans, they all have their own personalitiies. It is wonderful, tho, that she has become so attached to Viv. That wasn't the case when they were outdoors.

  16. #776
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Posts
    3,367
    Thanked: 1

    Default Re: Lady & Viv

    Hi Katherine,

    It is adorable that the two have become close. Similar to Peanut and Paco. Right now they are ok with one another. I don't know what happens when another full mating season comes around.

    I cannot wait to hear, how is the mat working for Vivy? Is she laying on it?
    Just wondering as it sounds like such a wonderful invention. I think I heard you were still getting some cool weather also. Ugggg Might Viv be showing any improvement? I wish, I wish.

    I miss hearing about the girls. Hope they are well.

  17. #777
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,702
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Lady & Viv

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Brady
    Hi Katherine,

    It is adorable that the two have become close. Similar to Peanut and Paco. Right now they are ok with one another. I don't know what happens when another full mating season comes around.

    I cannot wait to hear, how is the mat working for Vivy? Is she laying on it?
    Just wondering as it sounds like such a wonderful invention. I think I heard you were still getting some cool weather also. Ugggg Might Viv be showing any improvement? I wish, I wish.

    I miss hearing about the girls. Hope they are well.
    Hi Kelly. I've moved "Lady & Viv" to "Breed Specific"- Grey Squirrels. Viv is not doing well & would love to hear from you. Glad your little ones are OK

  18. #778
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,702
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Lady & Viv

    I have continued this thread under "Lady & Viv" in "Breed Specific-Grey Squirrel Forum". Thank you.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •