Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do I go to get a rehabbers liscense?--IL

Default Re: Where do I go to get a rehabbers liscense?--IL

Quote Originally Posted by Goobertoast
    i am having the same problems getting info on getting a rehabber license. i already have a vet who has agreed to see my squirrel despite the legalities but for their own peace of mind and my own I am desperate for information. i got lost on the website trying to find the info and what info i did find i haven't been able to relocate. i want to take classes for my own informative purposes. I contacted 2nd hand asking them for help on getting this and have gotten no response. any help is greatly appreciated.
    Hey Nancy here. I'm a rehabber AND in my realife I work with the Conservation Police, Dept of Natural Resources and I'm an IDoA investigator.
    There is NOTHING ON THE INTERNET for rehabbers. Please call Brian Clark in Springfield Dept of Natural Resources - main number CLARK, BRIAN Law Enforcement ONE NATURAL RESOURCES WAY
    FL 001 SPRINGFIELD IL 62702− 1271
    217−782−6431
    There are no tests, no classes no nothing in Illinois. You need a letter from your vet that you will be following all protocol. Its good to have a rehabber to mentor you but not needed at all.

In Illinois all wildlife belongs to the people of Illinois and NO ONE is allowed to keep a squirrel longer than 120 days so be careful who you talk to. Rehabbers are only allowed to keep for 120 days unless you are an educational institution. Very strict.

Email me if you have questions.

PS you've not contacted me - I just had someone email me that there was a post. I don't monitor the TSB - I'm just am a huge fan of TSB and visit when I can
    And YES in Illinois you just fill out the form from Brian and just get a license. TRUST ME. 4 of my helpers last year all got licenses this year to help me out.
    Nancy
    Illinois Licensed Wildlife Rehabilitator

take a peek at my website for fun happenings and cute critters!

http://www.2ndhandranch.com/index.html

Thank you to all that made the Rehab Cottage dream come true

my email must have been lost in the netherweb but either way thank you so very much for this response. i will be calling Brian on Monday, i already have a vet who said he would have no problems seeing me and my squirrel especially when we are legal so i'm sure i can get a letter from a vet.
    Much Aurora

Skiaoura thanks y'all for all your help

Hey incase you guys are curious this is what the permit looks like and you have to submit every year and they renew every year. They don't inspect.
    Name:  Scan_Pic0045.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  122.0 KB
    Nancy
    Illinois Licensed Wildlife Rehabilitator

take a peek at my website for fun happenings and cute critters!

http://www.2ndhandranch.com/index.html

Thank you to all that made the Rehab Cottage dream come true

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12