Thread: My 6 month male squirrel getting aggressive or jealous 😔 how to tame him again?

Unhappy My 6 month male squirrel getting aggressive or jealous 😔 how to tame him again?

I had 6 month male coconut squirrel named Cip, I rescue him when he still a baby bcs his mother left him alone on the grass and never comeback😭

but after taking care of him for 6 month I feel bad he doesn't have squirrel friend even tho we play everyday he likes to nibbing, wrestling with my hand, eat on my shoulder, sniffing my ear😭 but still there's no other squirrel I want him to be happy and socialize with other squirrel

so I buy another squirrel on animal market I buy the female 4 months coconut squirrel and named her Ren.

But Cip getting aggressive to me since Ren arrived, he bite me 2 times after smelling other squirrel on my hand (I tried to pat Cip after patting Ren) not nibbling but some real Bite and I got bleeding

Clip and Ren now in different cage

This is makes me feel so sad 😭 I love him... Help me guys how to tame him again? So I can play and with him and Ren

https://photos.app.goo.gl/E2x3TQvbebbJ6RDk7

Default Re: My 6 month male squirrel getting aggressive or jealous 😔 how to tame him again?

They often are not really friendly with other squirrels once they reach adulthood. Plus, you have a boy squirrel and just got a girl squirrel. I think it is very possible that he is driving you away from her because he sees her as a possible mate. There may not be an answer to this that does not include possibly re-homing her, because even if they are in different cages, he will still smell her.