Thread: bot fly

dougb Guest

Default bot fly

I removed a bot fly from my 7-8 week old baby an i'm affraid of infection.
    Can someone help?
    dougb

Default Re: bot fly

Hi, and Welcome to the board. You may find some of the information you need here....

The Squirrel Board > Help Needed! > Non Life Threatening Help Needed
    Multiple bot flies on baby

I have been very lucky so far, and have not had any trouble with them so can't really give any first hand advice, but you will find lots of advice on the board in various places. At the top of the page there is a blue line with words in it. Click on 'search', and type in 'removing bot fly', or anything else you can think of about what you need to know. You should find several listings on the subject. And later tonight, or tomorrow, someone will come on that can discuss the subject with you

Good luck with the baby,

muffinsquirrel

dougb Guest

Thanks for the info muffinsquirrel I will look into it.

Critter_Queen Guest

If you are sure you got the entire thing out, you can slather the opening with neosporin. I prefer the kind with the pain killer in it for added comfort.

I, too, agree that the thread muffin pointed out is a great resource on this!

Good luck!

Sammy Foster Mom Guest

My baby Sammy had 2 bot flys..uggh! I was able to remove one but the 2nd had to be removed by my Vet. He told me to wipe with a cotton ball of hydrogen peroxide and then put neosporin. He also gave me Antibiotics. 1 drop 2 times a day.

Hope this helps.

Sammy's Mom

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.