Thread: looking for a vet in the Toronto, Ontario Canada area.

Default looking for a vet in the Toronto, Ontario Canada area.

I need a vet for my squirrels in Toronto Canada area. I don't need a rehaber I just want a vet that will see them if and when I need them. I am afraid that they either won't see them or if they do they will confinscate them. I have two squirrels that are unreleasable. They live a happy life. One is half blind and the other is a little weak in the back legs. they are not in pain. I just want to know of a vet for preventative reasons. Just in case I need them down the road. I don't want to wait until the last second to find one.

Timber Guest

Default Re: looking for a vet in the Toronto, Ontario Canada area.

Squirrelfriend, another friend on this board had a similar problem. So this is what we did, she got out the phone book and gave me all the numbers that she could find in her area that were Exotic vets. Exotic vets tend to be more concerned with saving all animal lives and know more about rodent problems than a regular vet. Anyway because she was afraid of someone getting her name and prehaps confiscating her baby I called all those numbers ( if my name and number came up I was out of state and in a legal one). I pretended to just be looking for a GOOD reliable vet that I could take my baby to incase needed no matter how for I had to travel. I found an excellent one that garenteed that he would not even consider confiscation and in fact he just pays any fines he gets from the State for attending them and even offered to just send them a check every month because he had taken an oath to do all in his power to help and save lives. Well, anyway now he is the squirrels regular vet and he is absolutely wonderful. So maybe you should get a friend to call around for you and once they find one or several then give you the numbers and let you talk to them anonamously.

Default Re: looking for a vet in the Toronto, Ontario Canada area.

Thanks timber.

I will give it a shot. perhaps I can just call them from work and give a different name. I never thought of looking up exotic vets. Thanks for your ideas.