Thread: is this lice?

SamIam Guest

Red face is this lice?

So Im nursing a baby grey squirrel and he is doing great back just today I was heating up his bottle and this little bug jumped off me onto the counter. It was like a milimeter long maybe two and was black or dark brown, and jumped like really far. Is this a flea or lice? Please help me out and tell me how to get rid of them!!?? thank you hope to hear from someone soon!

Default Re: is this lice?

Flea

Lice don't jump.
    + =

"Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?"
    -Gimli, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

SamIam Guest

Red face Re: is this lice?

Hi everyone thank you all so much for the welcoming and answers! He is going to be 6 weeks on Monday, and I'm using JUST BORN kitten formula, I live in a WAY small town and even though we have like 5 feed stores no one carries that type of formula. It's what we've used in the past with squirrels and opposum babies. Also his poop is runny, why is that?

PBluejay2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SamIam
    Hi everyone thank you all so much for the welcoming and answers! He is going to be 6 weeks on Monday, and I'm using JUST BORN kitten formula, I live in a WAY small town and even though we have like 5 feed stores no one carries that type of formula. It's what we've used in the past with squirrels and opposum babies. Also his poop is runny, why is that?
    You need to get puppy formula, not kitten, preferably Esbilac. This is VERY important. The kitten formula may very well be the cause of the loose stool, and if he continues to have loose stools he can dehydrate quickly. If you can get some Pedialyte, give him that until you can get the Esbilac (feed stores should have it or a vet). You need to flush his system.

Hi... to TSB....

You should be able to order espilac on the internet....
    To all my babies past and present..
    Thank you for showing me how to love
    and be loved unconditionally....
    RIP Timothy

Members who have read this thread: 1