Thread: male baby squirrel penis swollen & bloody tip

Hybrid View

Default Re: male baby squirrel penis swollen & bloody tip

I breed and show rabbits and bucks often have the issue with letting their penises hang out too long and the area becomeing dry so it cannot be withdrawn. We keep vaseline on hand for this...especially if medication isn't needed as in neosporins. Vaseline is also safe if small amounts are licked. We used to use it in our dance group by putting it our teeth to encourage smiles while performing...it sounds odd but it works! You might want to try keeping the area lubricated with a non medicated ointment after the scabbing has healed.

Good luck!
    Jennifer

The pillowcase method is brilliant! I had a very difficult time last year with two greys and the littlest one would wiggle right out of the baby socks. Feeding more often helped and when I heard sucking I would physically move the offender. Also be aware that the sucking stimulation can cause excessive urination so the victim can end up dehydrated. Poor little boys. If only there were squirrel binkies.

What brand of puppy milk are you feeding and how are you mixing it? I'm wondering why they prefer the water to the milk... sounds like they're dehydrated. Maybe the milk is too concentrated.
    When a man has pity on all living creatures then only is he noble.
    --Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by winky2
    What brand of puppy milk are you feeding and how are you mixing it? I'm wondering why they prefer the water to the milk... sounds like they're dehydrated. Maybe the milk is too concentrated.
    The original post dates back to 2009 Winky... Someone added to it because they're having the same problem but there is no mention of puppy milk this time.

Kind of you to drop in and try to help though.
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

Members who have read this thread: 5