Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Help, please.

Unhappy Re: Help, please.

I am still waiting on my baytril and metcam, yesterday I found Dumbo curled up under my ivy plant in my garden by his water bowl, dead. He just couldn't beat the infection. Today coming home from school I saw my 4 healthy ones, plus Spot was sitting under my banana tree, but looked awful, one eye is almost covered totally in pox, other is all red and open sores, she has lost so much weight , fur on her body and tail are thinning bad. Looks like she is also having the breathing problems. this is the fastest I have seen it take 4 squirrels of mine to die. I am trying everything I can. Sharon

Unhappy Re: Help, please.

Sad news again, came home and saw my little Spot curled up under her favorite tree dead from the pox and pnemonia, I have one sick one left, but he is doing very well, alot of the scabs have fallen off his face and nose and he is very active and healthy. Guess his meds kicked in fast. All my others are happy and healthy. Just been very depressing in the past month to lose 5 of my squirrels to this nasty disease.

Default Re: Help, please.

Awe Sharon...you have been through so much with these babies...over a year now and you are still dealing with this. God bless you for helping the littles and for having such a big heart and making their lives easier...

RIP
    Little Ones Name:  dove2.gif
Views: 114
Size:  701 Bytes

Those poor babies. Thank you for all you are doing for these guys. What a horrible disease, so frustrating that we can't cure it! Don't they have the scientific world trying to save the red squirrel from the disease? I really hope they get somewhere. RIP little babies.

I am so sorry Sharon!
    If you PM your Address. I have 2 extra bottles of ECHINACEA.
    (Jackie Tea!!)
    It worked miracles for the wons that would not take the meds.
    Your in my prayers.

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

Sq Charmer, I have a couple baytril tablets I can send...you can smash it and make it oral...
    I recently sent a pkg out west and the Post Office intercepted the baytril tablets, yet allowed the oral ABs and capstar to make it...??

you and I have never had a problem with PO, I will send some baytril tablets on tuesday...with dosing instructions...fingers crossed. I have oral, but it is not real fresh...I will re check the dates, if ok I will send that.
    If not the tablets are very fresh. I hope they make it...weird that POffice confiscated a dang dog anti biotic...weird
    I had the acyclovir on hand, glad you got it...
    I can get metacam, {I do not have extra, or cash) what happened to your friends connection...ugh. I was so hoping she would come thru for you...

sorry to hear about your sweet buddies...so sad.
    heartbreaking.

SQCharmer, mrs skul is a safe sq friend, it's ok!
    Mrs skul, if SqCharmer doesn't get back on, PM me before tuesday and I will give you her address. Thank you

Hang on babies...help is coming!

PO is NOT permitted to open and inspect First Class or Priority Mail.
    Only Standard Mail. (Parcel Post, Media etc.)

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

Quote Originally Posted by krawls
    PO is NOT permitted to open and inspect First Class or Priority Mail.
    Only Standard Mail. (Parcel Post, Media etc.)
    It was priority in flat rate package...
    and they did open it and take out two tablets...
    I am not sure if it looked tampered with or if they notified the reciever about it...but they were missing and I know I sent them for sure!
    ...they actually opened a pill bottle and removed the two plain tablets and left the capstar in it's foil push out packs in the pill container...
    I sent them to a member here...it was the first time I ever had issues with PO.
    Once I sent a pkg and it never arrived...when I contacted PO, they said if it was a liquid and it leaked, they pitched it without notification...it was never found.
    Now I really package liquids well.
    I also have started using tracking, less than an dollar extra...

I sent a pkg to canada with FED Ex...customes did open and remove an item or two, can't remember what...
    but that was almost expected...
    I have sent stuff to canada using the USPO and it made it... thru customs too...

Smile Re: Help, please.

thanks Jackie, will look for the tablets in mail. I am still hoping my friend comes thryu with meds. She is dating a vet. here in key largo, just she can be a little forgetful and I have called several times. Thanks for all the kinds words everyone. I am doing my best. And will the help from Jackie and all the goods treats and food I have been giving my last sick one, he is doing so well> I am sure he will pull thru this, he is nothing like the other ones were. Thank God Sharon

Thanks Sharon,

For all good efforts to treat ill squirrels, hopefully for now we are better experienced in the situation, have the meds ready and can act early should any pox squirrel be seen again in the area...

Does TSB have funds to donate to? A treasurer? Does it accept paypal?
    Just trying to do my bit... I know that gasoline and meds cost =/

Lets not let pox take away our squirrels again *rally**!

jazzysquirrel Guest

I"m a newbie here and still learning to follow the threads. Please tell me these poor squirrels got help in the end. I have never seen anything but healthy squirrels--this broke my heart.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728