Thread: Help adding goodies to end of my threads

Default Help adding goodies to end of my threads

I have pictures in my photos that I want to add at the end of my threads. I loved the video of how to add to my signature, but somehow it won't work for me! Since I have the pictures on my hard-drive, I don't have a "URL" for them.

Heck I may get real frisky and add a quote-that looks like it could be easier .

Pllllleeeaaaasssseeeee someone HELP!

Anne

Nuthin here Nuthin here either Still nuthin

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

Default Re: Help adding goodies to end of my threads

Jackie, I am glad I am not the only one stumped. However, I would have thought that in this amount of time someone on the board would have seen this and had some kind of comment or better some help.
    At least I have a friend (other than you ) to play the blues for me!

Name:  Harmonica Squirrel.bmp
Views: 98
Size:  29.8 KB

TexanSquirrel Guest

Upload the images to photobucket and copy/paste the IMG code. That should work!

Thanks Texas Squirrel. Let's see if it worked.
    Anne
    Wildlife and Squirrel Rescue,Inc.
    Rescuing Fl squirrels since 1979
    Moderator: NFSA Emergency Care
    Wildlife Intake Coordinator and Rehab Consultant at "The Ark Wildlife Care and Sanctuary Inc"
    http://www.thearkwildlifecareandsanctuary.com/

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but learning to how to dance in the rain"

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it taken place."
    George Bernard Shaw

"Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear." - Mark Twain

Oh well, back to the drawing board------sigh
    Anne
    Anne
    Wildlife Intake Coordinator and Rehab Consultant at "The Ark Wildlife Care and Sanctuary Inc"

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but learning to how to dance in the rain"

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it taken place."
    George Bernard Shaw

"Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear." - Mark Twain

How about now?

Anne
    Anne

George Bernard Shaw

Hi Anne -- my expertise is in long, rambling posts and not graphics but I would ask FLUFFYTAILNUT or her son, Bean's Brother. They seem to be able to attach, change, and get stuff to move in their signatures anytime they want .
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Charles Chuckles Guest

Smile Re: Help adding goodies to end of my threads

Anne, I know I want to do that too but haven't tried it yet...I will wait til you get it figured out then you can teach me

Pam Guest

Anne, try copying and pasting from the "Direct Link" option under your images. That's what I just did.

TexanSquirrel Guest

Did you copy the IMG code? When you upload to photobucket, it gives you three or so choices. Pick the one that is for forums and see if that works. tinfoil

Oh yeah---Tried the IMG thingee and everything. Just didn't work for me. But I am a patient person, sooner or later I'll getter done (or smash this ^$#@%@^ computer gizmo into a zillion pieces) Inhale-exhale--repeat. I
    I do so love everyone an this board

BTW, That bus stop is at the end of my street. The other picture was taken when I lived in South Florida (West Palm Beach) and represents the typical squirrel seen down there, Don't know which I like better, the bedroom slippers or the pearls

Just thought they were cute pictures. Perhaps this is enough "sharing" of my ideas on "cute".

Anne
    Anne

George Bernard Shaw

When you edit your signature, click the yellow button that looks like a mountain and paste the URL (just the URL, no code) into the box that pops up. That will automatically generate the proper code for you. Then click OK and save your signature.
    + =

"Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?"
    -Gimli, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Oo...I came to see your new signature...Oo...I guess I'll ck later!

Jackie----- Let your fingers push up to Thread #11 above-Then read my so called captions a little further down.
    Great minds and computer operators on TSB----I just ain't one of 'em
    Anne

George Bernard Shaw

Pam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gammas Baby
    Me neither! I'm having problems just trying to understand all the directions you were given so I'm no help.

Good luck, though!
    Click on the link in Anne's signature. Then click on one of the pictures...four options will be shown under the picture. Click the "direct link" then copy and paste the picture into the signature.

Underneath the images in this link; http://s459.photobucket.com/albums/q...da%20Squirrel/

you will see a selection of 'codes' - one of them is IMG code - if you left click on that to highlight it, you can then right click to 'copy'...

once you've done that, get back here (tip: have 2 tabs open on your browser - it's MUCH easier!) then right click again and select 'paste' and your images code will appear...

when you've done that, scroll underneath your fresh post and select 'preview' and you'll be able to (literally) get a preview of your post before you hit 'submit' when you're happy with it.

A simple thing to remember....

An image link will always end either .jpg or .jpeg
    And if you want to learn the code for posting such, [img][/img] <-- those little brackets are useful - the one at the begining says 'this is the begining of an image' and the one at the end says 'this is the end of the image' of course, between the two, your image url sits
    (the little / is like a full stop that the software operating this forum understands...)

If you practice often, it gets easier

http://www.youtube.com/audiocoffee - videos confirming just how nuts I am