Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rugby's Calcionate Syrup

whopoopwrasse Guest

Default Re: Rugby's Calcionate Syrup

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie in Tampa
    So I will have to drown them in sugar water to get a dab??? no way...I need a more concentrated sup!
    I don't mean to jack your thread but I don't think there is any more concentrated than that

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

ok if that is as concentrated as we can find...I am ticked and will ck with a local compounding pharmasict and see how much it will cost to formulate TSBs sqs with a much needed and better product. I will not sleep, trust me, 'til I have something! My Rocky runs this world and all possible happiness in it! So.....another time comsuming project

quicky quetion?
    How much was I REALLY giving when I was using NeoCalGluCon..?
    Do we have a bottle of that to post? I do not!

So are you saying ...to get 100mg daily I would have to dose 5 1cc syringes...that will not work!
    I am still shopping if that is the case! I paid $38.50...

Yep. You have to read the labels carefully.

Look on the back of the label and it will say either the amount of "elemental calcium" or the amount of "Calcium as calcium glubionate" (or "as calcium citrate" or "as calcium carbonate" etc., etc.)

I know it's confusing.

Why don't you make your own mixture, and store it in a little bottle in the fridge. MUCH cheaper.

You can buy pure calcium carbonate powder in a jar, which is what I use. No crushing pills. This jar contains over 135,000 mgs of elemental calcium and costs under $4.00. You can mix the powder with water, yogurt, formula, or whatever.

Name:  harvesthealth_2034_25079019.jpeg
Views: 258
Size:  5.7 KB
    If you tell me how big you want your dose to be (1 cc, .5 cc, or whatever) I can help you formulate a simple mixture to keep on hand. I'll also give you the link where you can buy the stuff online cheap. If you need some right away, I'll mail you a bottle. I've got a closet full of them.
    Henry's Healthy Pets
    Henry's Healthy Blocks, Fox Valley Formula, Fleecies Cage Gear and more

The animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations… ~Henry Beston, The Outermost House, 1928

whopoopwrasse Guest

when mixed with water, is it clear, does it stay in suspension, I want the link too!

Quote Originally Posted by 4skwerlz
    Yep. You have to read the labels carefully.

Look on the back of the label and it will say either the amount of "elemental calcium" or the amount of "Calcium as calcium glubionate" (or "as calcium citrate" or "as calcium carbonate" etc., etc.)

I know it's confusing.

Why don't you make your own mixture, and store it in a little bottle in the fridge. MUCH cheaper.

You can buy calcium carbonate powder in a jar, which is what I use. No crushing pills. This jar contains over 135,000 mgs of elemental calcium and costs under $4.00. You can mix the powder with water, yogurt, formula, or whatever.

Name:  harvesthealth_2034_25079019.jpeg
Views: 258
Size:  5.7 KB
    I've got a closet full of them.
    You are one classy sq lady... most silly women would have shoes and purses! I love you !
    on a serious note...I can cover my bases for now! I will MAKE THEM EAT 4SQ BLOCKS...and Rocky has his 4S shakes...but I need a sup! NEED NEED NEED!
    Someting that I don't have to make and date and mess with...my quick insurance policy.
    If you are owned by one sq...and can afford the time to pamper just one...but in my case there is always extra somebodies hanging around R&Ring in Tampa....I have 6 indoor cages to keep clean daily, and feeding 13 mouths in the manner they like to be treated and a lifestyle that is high maintainance not whinning ...just being real with my agenda. And then there are the outsiders in HWH and the wilds
    HELP

Quote Originally Posted by whopoopwrasse
    when mixed with water, is it clear, does it stay in suspension, I want the link too!
    It is a pure white powder. I think I would mix it with fruit juice and water. The acidity of the fruit juice would help dissolve the calcium. You would probably want to shake the bottle each time before drawing up your dose.

If you like, I can try making up a mixture and see how it works out. I can also try it on Henry and see if he likes it.

Jackie, you would want to dose small amounts, right? Like .5 cc to get 100 mg? Does that sound right?
    Henry's Healthy Pets

The animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations… ~Henry Beston, The Outermost House, 1928

You are one classy sq lady... most silly women would have shoes and purses! I love you !
    on a serious note...I can cover my bases for now! I will MAKE THEM EAT 4SQ BLOCKS...and Rocky has his 4S shakes...but I need a sup! NEED NEED NEED!
    Someting that I don't have to make and date and mess with...my quick insurance policy.
    If you are owned by one sq...and can afford the time to pamper just one...but in my case there is always extra somebodies hanging around R&Ring in Tampa....I have 6 indoor cages to keep clean daily, and feeding 13 mouths in the manner they like to be treated and a lifestyle that is high maintainance not whinning ...just being real with my agenda. And then there are the outsiders in HWH and the wilds
    HELP

Let me see what I can find online for you that's already a liquid, okay?
    Henry's Healthy Pets

whopoopwrasse Guest

Nevermind, I think I found where you get it, iherb??
    what's your take on this http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=455&at=0 mixed with the NOW calcium Carbonate

It is a pure white powder. I think I would mix it with fruit juice and water. The acidity of the fruit juice would help dissolve the calcium. You would probably want to shake the bottle each time before drawing up your dose.

If you like, I can try making up a mixture and see how it works out. I can also try it on Henry and see if he likes it.

Jackie, you would want to dose small amounts, right? Like .5 cc to get 100 mg? Does that sound right?
    YES...and I will be dosing 8-10 sqs daily! If I could make once a WEEK... that would be ok!
    ps...my outsiders are nut hounds this am...more so than normal...indicating rain! Who needs a tv! Hell, who was time for a tv?
    Henry does kinda look like a guinea pig!
    don't tell him his Auntie J said that!

whopoopwrasse Guest

Henry does kinda look like a guinea pig!
    don't tell him his Auntie J said that!
    poor little man!

Just a thought, may you should taste it too....

Okay, I found one.

1 cc = 100 mg calcium

So it's about 5 times more concentrated than the Rugby stuff.

A huge 16-ounce bottle is $13.43. Here's the link. Why don't you look at it and see if that would work.

http://www.americarx.com/Products/22245.html
    Henry's Healthy Pets

Okay, I found one.

1 cc = 100 mg calcium

So it's about 5 times more concentrated than the Rugby stuff.

A huge 16-ounce bottle is $13.43. Here's the link. Why don't you look at it and see if that would work.

http://www.americarx.com/Products/22245.html
    So that 16-oz bottle would give you 473 1-cc doses for $13.43.

If a 1-cc dose is still too big, you might need to make your own suspension. You could make up a big bottle, store in fridge, should have 100's of doses.
    Henry's Healthy Pets

Can I make a sweet based sup, that woud not seperate ? What do the manufacturers start with? What is their base?
    Glubanate?
    What is glubanate...I hate research...I am the pitts! But in a bowl of cherries!

Scrapsmommy Guest

Ok so i just read through this whole thread and there is an easier way to give a squirrel her calcium???!!!! i dust scraps food with crushed calcium but i am never sure how much she is getting and sometimes i swear she is brushing it off. How much are they really supposed to have a day??? I do know that if i give her a piece of a tums she would eat that but as far as what i sprinkle on her food i think she plays with it more than eats it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapsmommy
    Ok so i just read through this whole thread and there is an easier way to give a squirrel her calcium???!!!! i dust scraps food with crushed calcium but i am never sure how much she is getting and sometimes i swear she is brushing it off. How much are they really supposed to have a day??? I do know that if i give her a piece of a tums she would eat that but as far as what i sprinkle on her food i think she plays with it more than eats it!!
    Your squirrel should be eating rodent blocks or squirrel blocks as 70% of her diet. If this is the case, you don't have to worry about extra vitamins or minerals.

The discussion below was for squirrels who have special problems (such as lack of teeth, making eating rodent block difficult), or who have MBD.
    Henry's Healthy Pets

Scrapsmommy Guest

ok she is eating some sort of commercial rodent squares and she does eat them.... grudgingly, i might add. i did just place an order for henrys special blocks so we will see if she likes these better. i just worry about her, she is my first squirrel and i just want to make sure she stays healthy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapsmommy
    ok she is eating some sort of commercial rodent squares and she does eat them.... grudgingly, i might add. i did just place an order for henrys special blocks so we will see if she likes these better. i just worry about her, she is my first squirrel and i just want to make sure she stays healthy!!!
    My Rocky has MBD. We are looking for easy ways to introduce calcium to him! He has ONE tooth, he'll be 7 in July. He has made so much improvement since I have been concentrating on his calcium intake. REALLY!
    Bottom line...if your sq is healthy now...only YOU can determine his future...easy to say, hard to maintain. I thought that my Rocky had the best high dollar diet, a spoiled sq...only the best nuts and veggies...but he got picky and I catered to him! He started sleeping alot and instead of taking him outside in the heat, he laid in the a/c.....disasterous.
    The blocks are such a clever disguise...if you do not give any junk food or let sq have too many nuts, if you suppliment sqs diet with healthy veggies {not just the ones sq likes} and SUNLIGHT,the REAL sun! There si a strong chance your sq will thrive! The way I see it now, after having touched and loved so many sqs.. it is hard to do...and I will never keep another healthy sq... and with that said, I'll add, I do know for a fact sqs can live LONGER inside than OUTSIDE IF you sign the dotted line of commitment....hard job to raise a healthy sq
    gonna be hard.

Thanks Leigh for the link...for some sqs this would work, but not all! 100mg in 1cc...better to try than pass up the chanc...and only a twenty

bump bump

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12