Thread: HELP!!

♥FlyingsquirrelGirl♥ Guest

Default HELP!!

My squirrel is acting really weird!!! I gave him play time in the bathroom today and usually he goes on top of this white stand I have over the toilet then jumps on the shower rod... well he went to the top of the white stand then stayed there. He was slipping off of the stand looking like he was about to fall asleep. So i grabbed him with a cloth put him in his cage he went into his little sleeping bag then stayed there (he always does that) but I took him out to give him some food (an apple or grape an almond and a quarter of a pecan) He licked his food for a little bit then went back into his bag. He is acting very weak and tired I scooped him in my hands (usually he jumps out of my hands) this time he stayed in my hands and was falling off my hand. I just changed the bottom of the cage put in fresh food and so far he has been in his sleeping bag.

WHAT SHOULD I DO???

Default Re: HELP!!

How old is he? Any new foods or new items in his cage? Could he have fallen from somewhere?

I really don't know how old he is. He is an adult i know that, no new foods or things in his cage... he just started acting like this he spends most the day in his sleeping bag..... So i don't think he could have fallen anywhere... Should I check for cuts or injuries on him?

Yes, please check him over closely. Look for cuts, injuries, swelling or soreness to touch. Look at his eyes and make sure they look "normal", that he's able to focus. Look to see if he has a runny nose. Make sure none of the teeth are broken or if they are too long. I his belly is tender or swollen.

Is he going to the bathroom normal?

He just went to the bathroom his pee looked normal I tryed to pick him up to check him and he bit me then my mom tryed and was fighting her so he is getting stronger it seems but I am washing his cage set because he has been peeing and pooing on it and the scent from that is probaly hurting him.

PBluejay2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ♥FlyingsquirrelGirl♥
    He just went to the bathroom his pee looked normal I tryed to pick him up to check him and he bit me then my mom tryed and was fighting her so he is getting stronger it seems but I am washing his cage set because he has been peeing and pooing on it and the scent from that is probaly hurting him.

I'm not an expert on flyers, but if he seemed to get better after licking the food, he may be having a sugar problem, possibly hypoglycemia (which can also cause irrational behavior). You might try letting him taste a little honey. If you don't have that, then syrup.

OK thanks!!

PBluejay2 Guest

OK thanks!!

Lininin jst forwarded your pm's to me. It's a possibility that his behavior is the result of your invading his space, so to speak, along with the moving things around. Has he bitten before? You can pm me if you like. Let me know if the honey/syrup caused any change.

PBluejay2 you there?

PBluejay2 Guest

PBluejay2 you there?
    I'm here--just replied to your pm.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.