Thread: Squirrel Block Recipe - Cod Liver Oil Question

Default Squirrel Block Recipe - Cod Liver Oil Question

Hi All - I'm gathering ingredients but have a question about the CLO. The photo here (very helpful, thanks!) shows the front label as reading "Super 1000mg." The back label, above "Supplement Facts" reads "each 1000mg soft gel," and the serving size is stated as 1 soft gel. However, under "Amount Per Serving," the Fatty Acids are stated as 240mg. So I'm confused! I have some CLO that states an amount per serving as 415mg. The front label doesn't say anything about mg. Should I only use 1 gel? Is there some sort of conversion factor I need to consider? Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Squirrel Block Recipe - Cod Liver Oil Question

Quote Originally Posted by mainemargaret
    Hi All - I'm gathering ingredients but have a question about the CLO. The photo here (very helpful, thanks!) shows the front label as reading "Super 1000mg." The back label, above "Supplement Facts" reads "each 1000mg soft gel," and the serving size is stated as 1 soft gel. However, under "Amount Per Serving," the Fatty Acids are stated as 240mg. So I'm confused! I have some CLO that states an amount per serving as 415mg. The front label doesn't say anything about mg. Should I only use 1 gel? Is there some sort of conversion factor I need to consider? Your advice would be greatly appreciated!
    The "1000 mg" is the amount of CLO in each gel. The other amounts on the back label show the amounts of each nutrient contained in one gel. If you are using Carlson brand, then just use the amount stated in the recipe. If you have a different brand, then you would need to compare the labels and make adjustments.
    Henry's Healthy Pets
    Henry's Healthy Blocks, Fox Valley Formula, Fleecies Cage Gear and more

The animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations… ~Henry Beston, The Outermost House, 1928