Thread: Couple of questions

jonmom Guest

Default Couple of questions

So we tried giving Fidget the rodent blocks with peanut butter on it cause she hates them and guess what she still hates them. She would not touch it with the PB on it. So now my question is where can I find the recipe for the homemade rodent blocks? Also if I give her frozen vegetables should I thaw them out first or just give them to her frozen? Thanks again for everyones help!!!!!!

Default Re: Couple of questions

When it comes to veggies, my Sadie actually prefers them frozen. I do give her fresh veggies more often than frozen, but when she gets them she acts like they're treats rather than something good for her!
    “Many have forgotten this truth, but you must not forget it. You become responsible forever for what you have tamed."
    -Antoine de Saint Exupery

My Digi and Chipper hate the rodent blocks, too AND still hated them when I put peanut butter on them. They also still hated them when I soaked them in Esbilac and they don't like the homemade ones, either.

So, they are now drinking the majority of their esbilac from a bowl and I am keeping the homemade rodent block cookies in with the other foods I offer them every day. I also tried a teeny bit of honey and still a big 'yuck' from both of them Hoping they begin to like them before they give up formula entirely...................

"Animals are such agreeable friends...
    They ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."

~ George Elliot

ShesASquirrelyGirl Guest

Keep the rodent blocks in there to nibble on. Do not offer nuts or seeds or anything else until they start nibbling on them. After they nibble on them then later in the day introduce a veggie. They will not starve themselves, but they will hold out knowing you will give them something else if they are used to getting something else to fill them up.
    If I can get a wild girl who was used to eating nothing but walnuts eating rodent blocks you can too lol.

oh yes, they will hold out for the good stuff, they are very crafty children

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.