Thread: At what age?

DaleJrmom2 Guest

Default At what age?

My jaque is 6 1/2 weeks old. At this age what kind of fruits and nuts can he start eating. He already eats and loves cherrios and tried a dime size piece of banana and loved it. Just wanna make sure i dont give him stuff before he is allowed to have it.....Many Thanks

P.S. Can you post at what age they are allowed to have certain fruits and nuts. AGAIN Many Many Thanks

DaleJrmom2 Guest

Default Re: At what age?

Quote Originally Posted by Gammas Baby
    Here's a guideline that may help you

4 to 7 weeks - formula approximately every 4 hours.

6 to 7 weeks;
    Offer Rodent Block, fruit, and a couple of small slices of avocado in nest box;
    Feeding amount: at 5 to 6 weeks, the squirrel's intake will rise beyond the weeks of age guideline; give about 6 to 8 cc's per feeding, or all the baby wants if the stool remains firm.

7 to 9 weeks - formula 3 times a day plus solid food listed above;
    Add broccoli stems, green beans and other veggies except corn and sweet potatoes.
    Feeding amount: all he wants.

9 to 10 weeks - 2 times a day;
    Plus food above and now add a small piece of fresh corn and a couple small pieces of sweet potato, other veggies.
    Feeding amount: all he wants.

10 to 12 weeks - will reject formula during this period;
    Add to food list a couple of almonds or pecans a day.

Just make sure at Jaque's age, that just about all fruits are peeled, and are big enough that he won't chole, but small enough that he can handle it. I cut mine in pizza slice shapes.

Gamma....I just wanted to make sure i wasnt hurting him by letting him have a cherrio and a lil banana. I will follow what you posted and again

DJM you are doing a wonderful job with baby.

Pa. licenced Rehabber

DaleJrmom2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
    DJM you are doing a wonderful job with baby.

Lil Jaque is growing and has been healthy thus far and we are so thankful. He has become such a big part of our family and i never knew i could fall in love with squirrel . But he just loves bananas! He put his cherrio aside for his banana piece wanting more when it was gone. I look forward to having much fun with Jaque as he grows and man is this lil guy knows he is spoiled .

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.