We've looked everywhere for Esbilac powder, but were only able to find the liquid. We've read that powders are more nutritional. We ended up buying some Mamalac puppy milk replacement powder from the vet and the squirrels love it.

Are all powdered puppy milk replacement powders essentially the same, or should we just go with the Esbilac liquid formula?

I've compared the ingredients from Mammalac powder (the formula mix we are currently using) to both Esbilac liquid and powder.

It seems to me as though the powder we have is much better than the liquid Esbilac formula but not quite as strong as the Esbilac powder formula as far as Protein and Fat are concerned.

I have opted to stay with the current formula, rather than go with Esbilac liquid. Do you think this is wrong? Am I not reading the ingredients correctly?

Also, I am currently mixing the current formula as instructed on the box. 100ml water and 3 tbsp formula. Should I be making a thicker formula to make up for the lost nutrition?

Mammalac (Our current Formula)
--------
Protein: 22%
Arginine: 1.21%
Fat: 23%
Fibre 0.25%
Sodium: 0.65%
Calcium: 1.15%
Phosphorus: 0.85%
Iron: 90mg/kg
Manganese: 48mg/kg
Zinc: 110mg/kg
Selenium: 0.3 mg/kg
Vitamin A: 15,000 IU/kg
Vitamin D: 2,000 IU/kg
Vitamin E3: 100 IU/kg
Thiamine: 12mg/kg
Riboflavin: 20mg/kg
Niacin: 50mg/kg
Vitamin B12: 50 ug/kg
Biotin: 250 ug/kg
Ascorbic Acid: 100mg/kg

Esbilac Powder: Contains 33% Crude Protein, 40% Crude Fat, 0% Crude Fiber and 5% Moisture.
Esbilac Liquid: Contains 4.5% Crude Protein, 6% Crude Fat, 0% Crude Fiber and 85% Moisture.