Thread: Where can I buy hard shell nuts?

Baby Squirrel Guest

Unhappy Where can I buy hard shell nuts?

Hello!

I used to be able to purchase filberts, pecans, almonds, and walnuts at local Milwaukee grocers. Recently the stores have been out or stopped carrying hard shell nuts completely. It's a lot easier come November when stores carry the "Holiday Nuts", but I will have very unhappy squirrels if they don't get their nuts. Does anyone know where I can buy hard shell nuts online?

Thank you!

Buddy'sMom Guest

Default Re: Where can I buy hard shell nuts?

We use www.nutsonline.com -- I think we are keeping them in business

Have only ordered hazelnuts(filberts) -- they are very large and very high quality. Happy squirrels.

Smile Re: Where can I buy hard shell nuts?

I've gotten mine through www.anuts.com. The best prices I've found and excellent service.

It is a gift from God to love and be loved by a squirrel.

I was blessed to have known such love for 5 1/2 years. Sammy T, I love you and miss you so much. Part of my heart went with you when you left and it will not be complete again until we are together in heaven. I can't wait to see you at Rainbow Bridge.

Baby Squirrel Guest

Thank you both. I checked out the websites and am really impressed. Should have been doing this all along, just scared I can't control the quality or size. Peanuts we pick out one at a time because most are too small, cracked, or empty. I worry about the sizes of the walnuts and filberts. My mom will actually pick all nuts one at a time. She is scared if a walnut is too big, a squirrel won't be able to eat it. Too small, a squirrel will choke. Are all sizes safe to feed?

Sciurus1 Guest

The Nuthouse in Somis, California also has nuts you can order online.

I use a few places...the one I order most from is ohnuts.com, then nutsonline and also anuts.com....I order depending on what I am ordering and price variation...but they all have very high quality nuts...and even things for us humans...

Kathy56 Guest

Loved the pictures of your babies. Can you tell us more about them?

FLUFFYTAILNUT Guest

Oh my word..i dont buy nuts off the net..i just stocked ....like a squirrel...up in oct & nov....around thanksgiving....when they had them in all the stores..
    BUT...Had TO Comment on your darling...baby!!
    Rachel n Bean

Baby Squirrel Guest

I'm going to order a pound of each from each website provided and compare them to eachother before I order more. There will surely be a mutiny if the nut supply runs too low. This morning two juveniles were rolling around in a ball of fur, kicking off poles, because one had a walnut and the other didn't. I just have my yard squirrels. Those pics are some of my favorites I have found on Flickr. They are listed at My flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chandraconrad/. I love flickr. There are so many rehabbers I admire with incredible pics. I love red squirrels. Their fur on head and ears is so crazy. They always look so silly and startled.

I just received my order for almonds, walnuts, pecans, filberts (all in the shell) from www.anuts.com.

This was my first order from them, they are just wonderful, except I ordered too much. I ordered 10 lbs. of each. No room to freeze them.

I believe you will be very pleased with www.anuts.com. Very reasonable price wise.

dblari Guest

I buy mine in bulk from http://www.bulkfoods.com/products.asp. Bulkfoods also has seeds. I also treat them with their favorite in shell pecans from http://www.royaltypecans.com/online-shopping3.htm. I store them in a rubbermain deck box on my deck, and the little devils have gnawed through it.
    Dave

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

We have a member, Pecan Man, who sells pecans..right!
    PM him...I have heard nice nuts for nice price, but never have bought from him.
    I have a large local Farmers Market.
    I went to yellow pages , looked under produce wholesale...and found Baird Nuts...
    it is not one of those cute street markets where your auntie used to shop...it is where semi trucks bring in nothing but onions and the no one speaks english, and you buy by the cases...50 ears of corn at a time etc....vegetable stands, restraunts, and grocers shop there.
    But they sell to squirrels at my market!
    I pay market price, changing daily.
    $96 for 50lbs hazelnuts
    $44 for 50lbs roasted no salt peanuts
    $106 for 50lbs pecans

also have heard others say NUTS ONLINE is great quaility and price.
    Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy'sMom

Have only ordered hazelnuts(filberts) -- they are very large and very high quality. Happy squirrels.

We use them too, and get them in the 25 lb. bulk size which makes the price a little cheaper... the shipping is very reasonable on them, and if I'm not mistaken they come overnight...we love this place

Oh both babies are so cute,. the reddish looking one, does not even look like a squirrel, more like a miniature red fox! Simply adorable

TEE1982 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy'sMom

There are sweets on there for us too

I use nutsonline, the 25 pound boxes and my squirrels give them two thumbs up! I get hazelnuts (filberts) and almonds at the same time and mix them together. I also get unsalted shelled nuts very reasonable at Costco. They have almonds, pecans, and walnuts.

Baby Squirrel,

I just found an online place for in shell nuts. Very reasonable and very good quality. They have Steward pecans, almonds, etc Cheapest online price so far I think. I just found the site last week and have purchased from the twice.

www.anuts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Squirrel

I'm going to order a pound of each from each website provided and compare them to eachother before I order more. There will surely be a mutiny if the nut supply runs too low. This morning two juveniles were rolling around in a ball of fur, kicking off poles, because one had a walnut and the other didn't. I just have my yard squirrels. Those pics are some of my favorites I have found on Flickr. They are listed at My flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chandraconrad/. I love flickr. There are so many rehabbers I admire with incredible pics. I love red squirrels. Their fur on head and ears is so crazy. They always look so silly and startled.

eeeeeeeeeeeee what kind of squirrel is that in your thread??? it is to die for cute.

shelled nuts are also very reasonable at Trader Joe's.

and I've made friends with the produce man at my grocery store. every year at the end of that thanksgiving nut season he gives me all the leftovers. I actually still have some.. and it's July!!!

i am so much more than a body.

every moment is an opportunity to begin recovery.

today is tomorrow's history.,

Mads Guest

I also get nuts from nuts online. They are very easy to deal with and very fast in getting out the order. I buy 25 lbs at a time for a better price.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.