I got scratched up good this morning by a baby gone wild when I went to fill the munch box. I held out a peanut, and instead of taking it, she grabbed my hand with both of hers, bit my finger (but did not draw blood) and then ran up my arm, across my face (!), over my head and down my back, around a tree, back up on my back and back onto the fence. She scratched my nose, forehead and maybe scalp. And generally flew around me through the air like Spiderman. I think she would have done it again, but I threw a handful of peanuts on the ground, which distracted her, and she settled down to eat these quite peacefully.

I do not know what she meant by doing this, and you should have seen the look on the face of a nearby adult squirrel.

But what I want to know is, should I go get rabies shots? I do not know whether this was one of Pookie's babies or not. I do know that one of her babies sort of did this to me one day at the nest site (while growling). There was no growling this time, but I do not understand the motive. Was it playing? Was it saying hello? Was it acting crazy because she was excited to see me but also afraid? Was she trying to chase me away from the munch box? (Unclear on the concept.)

So I need to know, do I rush to the doctor to get rabies shots.