Up until last year I have only seen one tick on an animal here in this state and that was my dog many many years ago after a hunting trip on the far side of this state.
I didn't really even give them any thought until last year when Niki showed up with one on her neck and someone on another board mention not to worry it will drop off when it gets full.

The other day I was editing some pics of that dandelion eating rabbit that lives in my yard and I spotted a tick on it's neck in several of the pics and then when Tude showed up Thursday night I certainly didn't need a camera lens to spot the one on him, as soon as he ran up for a treat it was clearly visible because it was huge.

Here is Tude Thursday

Friday morning he showed up and the tick was missing, I'm guessing it got it's fill of blood and dropped off some time during the night.

Tude Friday morning

Of course after seeing that nasty little thing I started doing an inspection of each and every Tree Rat I could as they came in for breakfast by withholding treats until they turned around several times so I could get a look at them from different angles.

Sure enough Rogaine showed up and she had one on her neck and it looks as if she had one just below that recently by the way the hair looks

Now if these were inside squirrels I have no problem wrestling them down and removing these nasty things but since all mine are tame enough to toss nuts too they are certainly wild enough to not allow capture and handling without possibly causing injury to them during the process.

Does anybody have any treatment that could be used on them or suggestions on how to stop these ticks from getting worse since that makes three I have seen over the last several days now.

Anybody live where ticks are common have any suggestions for controlling them on your property that is safe enough that isn't going to poison everything else living here in the process?