PDA

View Full Version : Please Pray for Chippy

rcaison
04-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Well, as I read in most of these threads, today is not a good day. My sweet little baby woke me up around 4am with a gentle cry, after what was a glorious day when we finally got her poop straightened out...she was weak and couldn't even stand. I heard a slight clicking in her chest and it dawned on me that last night when I fed her the syirenge got stuck and I shot too much into her mouth. I held her upside down and shook her and she seemed ok. So I put her to bed.

I called a local rehab and she agreed that she must have aspirated. I could just die, it's my fault...I took her to her home but she was on a call (works for animal control) her husband greeted me but informed me that he knew nothing and that she would be home later. I HATED TO LEAVE HER!!!! he told me not to worry and I had done by best as most of the babies that young don't make it. THAT DID NOT MAKE ME FEEL ANY BETTER!!! He said that she would call me later and let me know how she is doing, but it didn't look promising to him either.

I picked her up, kissed her little head rubbed her little belly and her back leg shook. It about killed me to walk out that door as I knew he just put her up on the counter and she was all alone until his wife got home. I hate myself and just want to feel better.

I want to Thank you all for your help the last few days and please pray for Chippy. This has been a heart wrenching experience. Maybe I should have kept her and just held her if there was not hope. GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND ALL HIS LITTLE CREATURES!!!! Thank you, Rhonda Caison, Supply, NC

Apple Corps
04-03-2008, 04:54 PM
We have some good news regarding some other fuzzers - but we have not forgotten the loss of lil Chippy - hang in there - you can make a difference in the future.....

ravenlaws32
04-03-2008, 08:44 PM
prayers always help ,and you and chippy and family are in ours .:grouphug

Squirrellie
04-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Has the rehabber called yet to let you know how she is doing? Many prayers & :grouphug :grouphug for you and Chippy.

wheezer
04-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Hi Squirrellie,
Just wanted to let you know somehow two of these threads are here. Hope you found the other one with the sad news:shakehead

island rehabber
04-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Sorry everyone, there were two identical threads and this one didn't get deleted.....poor Chippy passed away this morning. The other thread is in All Squirrels Go to Heaven. :(

Squirrellie
04-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Oh no, I am so sorry...poor little Chippy.