PDA

View Full Version : Great Site

Apple Corps
03-29-2008, 07:52 PM
This appears to be an excellent site - browse around and be sure to check out the dose calculator:

http://www.guinealynx.info/dose_calculator.html

Kat762
03-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Great site Apple, thank you !:thankyou

I have a heck of a time with dosages, math is not my friend.:dono

I'd also like to add ( and I've posted this before, but it can't hurt to post it again ) that if anyone needs to get antibiotics into a fuzzer and is having problems, your vet can prescribe to a pharmacy in Jersey who makes compounds,and they will ship the compounded med to your vet.This saved my Andi's life when I could not get Baytril into her.They compounded it into a cream which I just rubbed on her ear every day.She loves ear rubs, so it was perfect.:wott

Here is their site
http://www.wedgewoodpharmacy.com/

Kat, owned by Andi

smoknbunny
03-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Yes - this is a good site! I have used it before and have tested a vet's prescription amount for my bunny once when I didn't trust him. Plus I have guinea pigs and they seem like a really reliable source. Glad you posted it! :thumbsup

island rehabber
03-30-2008, 12:55 PM
:goodpost AC....we may want to put it as a sticky somewhere so we can find it easily.....

Apple Corps
03-30-2008, 01:34 PM
ir - who is the "sticky" master - I don't know how to do it?

island rehabber
03-30-2008, 01:52 PM
I can do sticky....:D....where shall we put it, though...Specific Ailments?

TexanSquirrel
03-30-2008, 02:08 PM
*insert paranoid TexS here*

Let's just remember to use this as a check, not an absolute. Just in case there's a glitch in the programming or something.:thumbsup

island rehabber
03-30-2008, 02:14 PM
OK I've put the link under Specific Ailments - Other for the time being. I'm thinking of some type of disclaimer or at least a caution we can add to it, since we are not recommending specific treatments or guaranteeing that certain medicines will always have perfect outcomes.....

Mrs. Jack
03-30-2008, 02:31 PM
How about: This is for purposes of assistance, it is recommended that you double check dosages as correct dosage is vital. And as always, TSB recommends checking with a vet, rehabber or other knowledgeable person before dispensing meds or diagnosing a problem.

?