PDA

View Full Version : bloat or gas?

Clahaie7
03-15-2008, 04:39 PM
hi not sure what to do with my little guy... He's about 6 weeks old i'm pretty sure as his eyes have been open over a week now and hie top teeth are starting to come out... His stomach is really fat today and he hasn't pooped. It's not hard but much bigger than normal. i've submerged him in water and still nothing... what do i do? He seems happy and is still hoppin around so i dont know if i really should be worried or not

thundersquirrel
03-16-2008, 12:27 PM
once you answer GB's questions, we'll be able to help you more.

in the meantime, i would stop feeding formula and just stick with pedialyte until the little one poops. if 24 hours on pedialyte doesn't cause a poopy, we can switch him back to formula.

you could also try a few licks of yogurt. that would help his digestion.

good luck!

Clahaie7
03-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Thanks for your help guys! He pooped late last night and he's crawling everywhere! Playing and eating like nothing was ever wrong... I'm not exactly sure what he weighs but he's definitely gotten so much bigger since we got him 3 weeks ago and is doing so well and hes the sweetest most loving little guy ever!!! He runs around his cage up and down his ladders climbin up the bars and climbin all over us :crazy

Clahaie7
03-16-2008, 02:56 PM
o yea and to answer your question he eats esbilac formula and has in the last day or two hes started eating some solid foods... Truly he's doin very well and yesterday was the first time we've had any worries about him... Thanks again!:thankyou

kitkat 1
03-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Glad he`s feeling RIGHT. Gammas Baby gives great advice!!She just sent me great info -- helped me FLY through my rehab class today:alright.gif

Clahaie7
03-16-2008, 06:45 PM
:jump yes everything is going very well! i am looking into the nature center here so i can get my certification to keep little rocky... He's the mostawesome little guy and gets lots of love from us :Love_Icon thanks again for all your helpful advice and i'm so glad to know theres a place like this that i can go to with so many squirrel lovers!!! i had no idea so many wonderful people were out there doing this! Thank god for loving people who care about natures little creatures :wahoo