PDA

View Full Version : foaming from mouth

caseyjazmin
03-14-2008, 06:06 PM
I was feeding heaven and she started sneezing so i stopped.after her sneezing she started gasping for air and started foaming from the mouth and continues sneezing.she is not showing any signs of a siezure.she does seem like she is having a hard time breathing.Please help i am very worried.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
03-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Turn her over so any fluid can run out of lungs and nose...listen closely in the next day for clicking in her chest/lungs.
Keep her warm and unstressed.

caseyjazmin
03-14-2008, 06:18 PM
she is trying to go to sleep now is this good?

Mars
03-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Sleeping is good. :) Just keep an ear alert for a clicking from the chest. Clicking in the nose is uncomfortable but not dangerous but clicking form the lungs is dangerous.

caseyjazmin
03-14-2008, 06:22 PM
how to i tell it does seem like she is hacking is this the sound or is that normal?

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
03-14-2008, 06:23 PM
It will sound like a ticking noise in her check.

caseyjazmin
03-14-2008, 06:26 PM
she is looking for more food this is good right?

atlantasquirrelgirl
03-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Check an make sure the airway is clear, too.

Apple Corps
03-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Casey - it sounds like she may have breathed formula into her lungs (aspirated). Did you hold her upside down and allow any formula to drain out? Did any drain out? Sometimes aspirated formula will cause pneumonia - the symptom will be a clicking sound as she breathes. That clicking sound will not happen right off the bat - so listen and watch her carefully over the next several days.

If pneumonia does start you will have to get her on Baytril and / or other antibiotic rapidly - this stuff almost always appears to happen on a Friday afternoon :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Keep us posted - many people far more experienced than me are here to help.

Kathy56
03-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Noticed this on another thread, Non life threathing, New Baby, post #34 Thought it might help. Good luck.:grouphug