PDA

View Full Version : PA REHABBER INFO NEEDED

Mr. Earl
03-08-2008, 07:47 PM
I WOULD LIKE TO GET A REHABBER LICENSE/PERMIT IN PA AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY FORMAL COURSES THAT WOULD BE BENEFICIAL IN PREPARING FOR THE WRITTEN EXAM ( AND THE INTERVIEW PROCESS ). THE SUGGESTED VOLUNTEER TIME WITH A LICENSED REHABBER IS 2 YEARS. I GO TO ORIENTATION WITH A NEWTOWN, PA WILDLIFE REHABBER NEXT WEEK BUT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE ARE OTHER THINGS I COULD BE DOING TO MAKE THIS A REALITY.
I READ ONE POST THAT SUGGESTED USING TSB REHABBERS EXPERTISE MIGHT POSSIBLY COUNT TOWARDS TRAINING ( ON-LINE MENTORING ). ANYWAY, ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
THANKS

Buddy'sMom
03-08-2008, 08:46 PM
:alright.gif :alright.gif :alright.gif :alright.gif :alright.gif :alright.gif That sounds great!!! You should check with Rippie as she would have looked into the same things, and also is in PA -- you won't have to re-invent the wheel. :thumbsup

:grouphug :Love_Icon :grouphug

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
03-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Hi Earls Dad!!
Yes there is a 2 year period that the GC would like you to work with a rehabber. There is so much to learn and the best form of learning with these guys is hands on. There isnt anything quick and easy about obtaining a licence in the state of Pa, but once a rehabber is confident you have enough knowledge they can help you get a permit. But now you have a goal and if I do say so myself a very important one there are so many that need us.

You are on the right path!!

Mr. Earl
03-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Hi Earls Dad!!
Yes there is a 2 year period that the GC would like you to work with a rehabber. There is so much to learn and the best form of learning with these guys is hands on. There isnt anything quick and easy about obtaining a licence in the state of Pa, but once a rehabber is confident you have enough knowledge they can help you get a permit. But now you have a goal and if I do say so myself a very important one there are so many that need us.

You are on the right path!!
THANKS! I WAS SURPRISED WHAT'S INVOLVED WITH THIS.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
03-09-2008, 03:23 PM
There is also a long test involved on many animals..
not just squirrels, even if you only want to take care of squirrels..
I know seems :crazy but becoming a rehabber you will get calls for all kinds of wildlife. Atleast helping a rehabber you can say I only want to take home squirrels to care for.:thumbsup
I think working with the rehabber for starters is wonderful..and let me just say when you start feeding those little babes and they trust & love you...

Your Hooked for life!!:Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon