PDA

View Full Version : Bunny Update!

sage1970
06-26-2006, 10:30 PM
3 bunnies are doing alright. Have got their eyes open and are starting to nibble on grass and lab blocks. Still want their formula though!:skwredup

Now adding baby cereal to their formula to thicken it up. Cute little buggers!

Oh...and have a hummingbird overnight.....She is just sooooo cute. She got trapped in a garage and got very tired and hungry. Syringe fed her some hummer food and put a hummer feeder in a cage and am letting her recoup for the night. Will release her in the morning. She is eating from the feeder with no problems.

Secret Squirrel
06-27-2006, 11:57 AM
:wahoo You go Lady!!!!!:wahoo
:bowdown Sounds like you got the gift......you rehabber you!!!!!!:bowdown

Momma Squirrel
06-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Great news on the bunnies :crazy Sounds like you have your hands full, never heard of anyone rehabbing a humming bird? They are so beautiful, keep us posted on everyone's progress. Pictures if you get a chance.

sage1970
07-01-2006, 12:04 AM
Released the hummingbird a couple of days ago....she did just fine.

Did lose the littlest bunny yesterday. Poor little one...I don't think he was "right", he just didn't seem to respond like the others.

Remaining two buns are doing great...graduated to a bigger cage and now lap their formula up. Eating collard greens, but don't really seem to want grass yet?? Go figure.

They are so cute...as soon as I open the cage the ears go up and they come hopping towards me! Just too cute.

Secret Squirrel
07-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Sorry about you Lil bunny passing away. :sad You did your best and sometimes no matter how hard we try in our human capacity, nature has a plan of her own. Bless you for your nurturing spirit. :nurse
Becca

Momma Squirrel
07-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Sage I too am sorry to hear about the lil bunny passing. SS is right, we can only do what we can and hope for the best, mother nature is her own boss. Sounds like the other 2 are doing great though, if you can take some snap shots. We have several in our yard this year, one baby comes out every afternoon in the backyard to eat, can't ever get close enough for a picture, then there are 2 or 3 that show up in the front yard from a field across the street. I just love bunnies, they think if they don't move we can't see them LOL

GhosTS
07-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Sorry to hear about the little bunny sage.How are the other two.I know this guy who keeps two bunnies in a small cage where they cant even hop..Im gonna steal them someday..:ohthedrama ..I really love to see a pic.
:worthless