PDA

View Full Version : new baby

skittles
02-09-2008, 08:59 PM
I found a baby in my back yard, he looks to be about 5-6 weeks old, his eyes are open, his top teeth are just breaking the skin.
I know he won't make it on his own at this time, I can't put him out.
How and what do I feed him ...

willydugas
02-09-2008, 09:58 PM
I found a baby in my back yard, he looks to be about 5-6 weeks old, his eyes are open, his top teeth are just breaking the skin.
Keep him warm, do you have a heating pad, put it on LOW and some old
Tsharts or something soft. Get some puppie Replacement Milk. ESBILAC
is the best, but if you can't find just be sure it is PUPPIE MILK. When did you find him?

pamela lee
02-09-2008, 10:06 PM
If you just found him today you could still reunite him with his Mom in the morning. She will be frantically looking for him. For tonight just be sure and keep him warm, with heating pad under half of his container and on low. Since you probably don't have the Esbilac on hand you could try giving him some pedialite with a syringe.
By th way :Welcome :Welcome

skittles
02-10-2008, 11:02 AM
I want to thank all who replied to my "new baby" THANKS A BUNCH !
F.Y.I. The land behind me is being cleared for yet ANOTHER SUBDIVISION.
I watched this baby for 2 days and I did not see mom at all.
The only reason I brought it in was Hawks, we have a lot of them now that the trees are gone . I did not want to find that. I have 2 birds, 3 dogs, and a tank full of fish.. My husband and I love animals, and we do everything we can to rescue all we can, even if we can't keep them, we make sure they get good homes, THE BEST HOME.
Once again thank you all for your replies, now I am off to to the pet store.:grouphug

skye
02-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Hello There I wish you best of luck with your new baby how wonderful of you to save our little furry friends. If you have any problems their are many good people on here to help you. Good Luck and we hope to see pictures. :)