PDA

View Full Version : Strange Squirrel

ezgoman
01-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Hi folks I thought I knew every squirrel but this morning when lookig out the kitchen window I seen a site Ive never seen in my 65 years. The normal squirrel with a new one full grown with snow white ear tips about a half inh wide band around each ear. Is this a new breed or what. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Mars
01-06-2008, 10:11 AM
:wave123 :Welcome :wave123

ezgoman
01-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome and the white hair is short and thick. I will get a pic as soon as possible and post it. Hope we get to see more of it. My wife has made a friend with one of the others and it amost eats out of her hand.

thundersquirrel
01-06-2008, 11:23 AM
hi! :Welcome

that's a very interesting squirrel, it sounds like! is it an eastern grey squirrel or a fox squirrel? eastern grey squirrels can be born in several colors and variations of color, including grey, brown, black, and even white.

or it could be from some kind of hair loss. we have a fox squirrel in our yard that has some white patches on his back. before the patches there was no fur there. we're not sure what happened, but something must have affected the pigment in his skin. :thinking that could be what you're seeing.

hope this helps!

ezgoman
01-07-2008, 08:34 AM
Im sorry this is the only one yet we can get as its pouring rain this morning. You will have to look hard but at least its a start and I will keep you up to date with new pohtos when we are able to get better pic,s.

FLUFFYTAILNUT
01-07-2008, 08:44 AM
:wave123 :Welcome To The Squirrel Board:wave123 :Welcome

Weren't you so, pleased to find a new squirrel...and US..all in one day?!:osnap
I love this place....it's all full of great stories, squirrels...and families..with squirrels as members...:poke :grouphug :poke

I have a squirrel that will BLOW your mind. :eek: ..and your wife's...what he ALLOWS me to do!He's a 7 month old gray squirrel.

When you have time..come see him..in , The Wolrd of Bean Mr. Spoiled.
He is a house squirrel..spoiled rotten.. to ...his bone marrow :rotfl
Nice to have new memebers..here with us..at TSB...:Welcome :wave123 :Welcome
Looking forward to more pictures..and the many adventures caught on camera..
Im Rachel... FLUFFYTAILNUT..what's your name and your wife's..name ?:D
See ya around....:peace :jump

TexanSquirrel
01-07-2008, 09:36 AM
:thumbsup :Welcome

Mrs. Jack
01-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Once one's eating out of her hand, tell her to keep well supplied :D I get up to go in three or four times and have to sit back down for someone else :D

welcome! sound like a beauty of a squirrel!!