PDA

View Full Version : Names?

sarahraney
12-30-2007, 06:44 PM
I am getting a female Southern Flying Squirrel in 3-4 weeks and i NEED name suggestions!:thankyou :D :rotfl :wave123

TexanSquirrel
12-30-2007, 07:29 PM
hmmm....hmmmm....hmmmmmmm...

How about.....Starlight? That's cute. I'm sure others on the board will come up with other ideas - what kind of names do you like?

sarahraney
12-30-2007, 08:57 PM
I want somthing really cute!mjs

TexanSquirrel
12-30-2007, 09:21 PM
lol I named my sugar gliders Moonbeam (Beamer), Kiwi, and Peanut the Warrior Princess. :thumbsup

muffinsquirrel
12-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Trust me - after you have had your new flyer a couple of days, she will name herself! All you have to do is pay attention to what she's telling you.

muffinsquirrel

cr8zyanimalgirl
12-31-2007, 10:41 AM
I agree after you have for a few days she will name herself. Mine have the names because one was fat (porky) and the other one was much smaller (beanie) so my hubby came up with their names Pork & Bean. It will come to you.

Buddy'sMom
01-01-2008, 07:48 PM
:Welcome You've gotten some good advice -- often, they do "tell" you what their names will be. If you wander around the Board, you will see some very creative names. If you pay close attention to your baby and are somewhat creative, that probably will do the trick and it will come to you.

However, speaking as one of the "naming-challenged" :D around here, I wanted to offer you another possibility. In trying to name a cat we rescued, I happened on a series of "searchable cat name database" websites. I had no idea such a thing was out there, but there are many. Most of the names would be good for other pets, not just cats. It was kind of fun to browse or search through them, and it might give you a few ideas to start thinking about. [just search "cat names" and you will find the sites]

:grouphug :Love_Icon :grouphug

Secret Squirrel
01-02-2008, 11:20 AM
I love Amelia.......after the flyer gal...Amelia Earhart !!!! Silly me!!!:D

But give her time like the others suggested and she will wisper her name to you.....they are sooooo sweet.
I got my first flyer rescue just a few weeks ago...wild and cat caught....but gental as a lamb. I kept him for observation due to the nature of the situation. I released him a few days later.....he was happy to be free again.:thumbsup
Good luck with your new pet.

cr8zyanimalgirl
01-02-2008, 07:03 PM
I have thought about changing Cosmo and Hammie names but I cannot come up with any. Cosmo loves to escape I had to return a cage becasue he would slip inbetween the bars and run for the x-mas tree and Hammie she is just NOT what I was told. They told me she was a little skiddish and kind oF mean to Cosmo but she is just the opposite and she is very loving. So to me their names DO NOT fit their personalities so I am waiting for them to tell me. I have only had them 2 and a half weeks so we are still bonding. It is GREAT!!!!!!!!! :beerchug

primo
03-30-2008, 09:38 PM
I have a southern flyer too I've have him since Feb 7 2008 & he was 5 to 7 weeks old hes gotten big & he only comes to Little Squirrel.... My girlfriend is mad that I haven't named him & I told her I call him little squirrel!!!! hes bonded to 2 people & does will around new people.....