PDA

View Full Version : Need your squirrel loving help

Jere
06-07-2006, 02:29 PM
My name is Jere Pugh, from South Carolina. For a good while, I posted about my Grey Squirrel Ferdinand on line with some of you. Plus, posted back and forth with lots of other squirrel lovers. I do remember a young fellow named Andrew.

My Ferdinand died on Tuesday June 6, 2006. At the age of 14 years old. He became ill and a vet had to put him down because of Kidney failure and other problems. He basically died from old age.

I am so depressed and sad. I found out that after 14 years, I was depending on Ferdianand as much as he was depending on me.

A few years ago, I posted a digital picture of FERDINDAND. It was a portrait picture of him close up, sitting on a white screened in porch railing ,and you could see green grass and trees through the screening behind him.

I had a computer crash and lost that digital picture of him. It was the best photo I ever took.

I had posted the picture on line and so folks said it was so good they copied it to keep. One even ask If they could use it on their website, and of course I said yes. Well, I am hoping that someone remembers and still knows where a copy can be found. I need it desperately.

You can contact me directly at jere.pugh@comcast.net

Thanks in advance,

Jere Pugh

skye
06-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Dear Jere I am so very sorry to hear about your fur baby my heart and prayers go out to you. Just remember all the good years you gave your little buddy and he gave you, and yes I do believe there is a animal heaven and he is happy swinging in trees and that some day we get to see our babies again. I am new to this message board so sorry wish I could help but I am sure others in here maybe can and wish you best of luck.
:grouphug

Michael
06-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Sorry for your loss. Only time can heal such wounds and it never fully does heal them. Never forget him.

Sorry that I'm too new to have any of the photos you've posted, if you remember the filename maybe try an image search on google? I tend to get pretty good results there. When I don't I have backups of my site every week or so.

Squerly
06-07-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm sorry Jere, as an admin of The Squirrel Board I sure wish I could help you. The Squirrel Board has only be in existence for about 6 months and I don't think that you uploaded any pictures here. At least, none that I know of. I had a furry friend that left about a year ago, same issues. It was then that I found I didn't have anywhere near enough pictures of him. I wish you the best in your search.

rygel1hardt
06-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Oh my goodness Jere im so sorry you have been parted from Ferdinand. I remember you and Ferdinand from one of the yahoo squirrel boards. Unfortunately I dont save any pics from the boards so I wont be able to help in your quest. I know you were a great squirrel dad and you gave him a love filled fourteen years. The fourteen years alone attest to the care you gave him. I know how much you loved him and still do. I hope that the memories he has left you with will help to ease your heartache. Who knows maybe someday another squirrel will need you. My name is Stacey and I am owned by Sticky the grey squirrel I dont know if you remember me or not! My condolences friend!!! Stacey

Secret Squirrel
06-07-2006, 09:15 PM
So sorry to hear about Ferdinand. I didn't know you or him but I still have a heavy heart for you. I am glad you guys had 14 years together.:grouphug
Have you tried MssDolittles site for the pic's yet?? I know she has quite a lot to view ...sorry I don't know her website to give you but maybe one of the other members does!

thundersquirrel
06-07-2006, 10:15 PM
miss d can be found at rainbowwildlife.com, as well as petsandwildlifeforum.com. at least, she checks those more often, so you could go there and ask her about it.

sorry to hear about your squirrel. i know how easy it is to give your heart to these guys, and it's just hard because they deserve a longer life.

:grouphug hope you find that picture.

Squirrelly
06-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Jere, I'm very saddened by your loss of Ferdinand.:sad

If you'd like to talk about him and your life together, feel free to post in the All Squirrels go to Heaven forum. I, for one, am interested in learning how you acquired him and spent your time together.:grouphug

Left
06-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Jerre, I am so saddened for your loss. My heart goes out to you. I have a young male grey named Rocky that has so captured my heart and I just hope he has as many years as your beloved Ferdinand. My prayers are with you and I know that you two will be reunited one day. You took very good care of him and I know you are thankful for all the years you had. I know you will always carry him in your heart. God bless!!!.Hope you find your picture.

MissDolittle
06-10-2006, 07:30 AM
I'm so sorry about your loss...

I only have my own squirrels picture online, so you won't find the picture on
my sites. But have you tried google images?
http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=grey+squirrel+&btnG=Search

So sorry to hear about Ferdinand. I didn't know you or him but I still have a heavy heart for you. I am glad you guys had 14 years together.:grouphug
Have you tried MssDolittles site for the pic's yet?? I know she has quite a lot to view ...sorry I don't know her website to give you but maybe one of the other members does!

GhosTS
06-13-2006, 05:18 AM
Here s a like given by Alaskan Squirrel Cam.Might help

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php