PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE!!!!! RYLEIGH'S VOMITING!!!

Ryleigh's new mom
12-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Help please! Our little squirrel girl just vomited and seems really listless. I'm not aware of anything weird that she may have eaten. OMG! What should we do???

squiggs
12-04-2007, 07:14 PM
I didn't think squirrels were able to vomit are you sure it is vomit? Background is good to have like gamma said

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
12-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Squirrels can definetely vomit. There was one at the wildlife center where I volunteer that ate too much and then got fed its milk and puked everything back up. Did the little tyke maybe eat too much? What all has he eaten in the last 24 hours? Any new foods?

Mountain Mama
12-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Jasper vomited several times a couple of months ago...scared me to death. I put him on pedialyte for about 24 hours. Would love to hear more details...

Ryleigh's new mom
12-04-2007, 07:24 PM
She's about 3 months old, eastern gray, has run of the house except at night, on the phone with the vet, vet says that since she's illegal they would have to call animal control!!!:soapbox I'm so worried since I know small animals can get really bad very quickly. Anyway, she has a cage w/ unscented cedar bedding that she stays in at night, eats ferret food, fresh raw veggies, plain cheerios, yogurt, grapes, dried fruit, has recently gotten into some dried cat food that was left over from a pet-sitting, was running, playing, etc... until about 30 minutes ago when she fell asleep in my arms. Last night we got kinda worried b/c it seemed like she had hiccups, but they went away. It was DEFINITELY vomit. It was like 2 tsps. of bright yellow liquid (almost no solid). She's now asleep again, but I'm not sure she's out of the woods since I don't know what's wrong with her.

Luv4scratty
12-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Hey, ive never had my little baby throw up but i have had the hiccup thing. Can you tell use a little bit mroe about her surrounding. How big is the cage. Is she moved around a lot? How long has she been in you'r e house. Did you tell the vet where you lived. Please get back to me as soon as possible!!!Good luck<33333

4skwerlz
12-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Bright yellow liquid?

Yellow liquid could be bile. Or it could be some kind of substance...? How bright yellow?

From what you are saying, she ate something she shouldn't.

Isis
12-04-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm not a rehabber so my thoughts here shouldn't be taken verbatem before a someone qualified validates them.

Isn't cedar toxic? Could it be possible your baby nibbled or sucked on some of the cedar bedding you mentioned? :thinking

Hope she's ok... :Love_Icon :grouphug