PDA

View Full Version : Skittish Squirrel

cin2626
11-28-2007, 09:27 PM
I rescued a 5 week flying squirrel and he is now 3 months. We bonded heavily but he is now acting shy and skittish. I can hardly get him out and sometimes he won't even come out to play. I have been vigilant every day with him. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I enjoy this little creature so much! I tease him with food at this point to even get him out if any.

Thanks, Cindy

FLUFFYTAILNUT
11-28-2007, 09:45 PM
Get some of his favorite stuffed animals...and foof it in his face..see if he'l engage in playing with it..and you...:thumbsup
Oh..and Welcome to THE squirrel BOARD..youll get alot of great idea's..in here...
Im Rachel...aska..FLUFFYTAILNUT...:Welcome :Welcome
I also have a male grey squirrel..since he was 3 1/2 weeks old..I love him to bits..He's now 6 months old...
YOU'll have to get some pictures on here..of you little guy!!!:osnap

Bean's thread is,"THE world of Bean Mr. spoiled.".come check us out...
He loves to play...BIG time!!!:alright.gif

FLUFFYTAILNUT
11-28-2007, 10:02 PM
:wave123 :Welcome Glad to have you with us!! We have some great people on here with flyers. :thumbsup Unfortunately, I'm not one of them, so I'll have to leave all the advice up to them. I just wanted to thank you SO much for saving this precious babies life! :bowdown :bowdown :grouphug :Welcome
Opps..Its late..I just read that..a flyer...I guess you cant be as rough as youd be with a fler..MY mistake:::walking away::backwards:::wiping::egg::off of ::my face:::blushing::feeling stupid:::
I need to go crawl into bed..NOW...:peace :osnap

cin2626
11-29-2007, 06:46 PM
Thanks for responding! I guess I'll just keep trying what I've been doing. We do have many "predators" in the house but I try to have a predator free zone for several hours a night. Maybe the smells are alarming him. Added a picture of him. He is a delight!

FLUFFYTAILNUT
11-29-2007, 09:06 PM
What a BEAUTIFUL little guy!! :Love_Icon :Love_Icon Keep checking back. I'm sure someone will be able to give you some advice when they see your post. :thumbsup
Ummm..am I missing some thing?? where's the picture?? I havent seen it...?:poke