PDA

View Full Version : Question

ConkerChild
11-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Okay, as usual, I have more then one question. This isn't urgent at all, just curiousity. Okay, first off, I know you need to peel grapes for little greys and flyers, but is there is a certain age where they can have whole grapes? And second, what in the world does the noise mean when they make a quick bark, and then a long whine? I hear the wild squirrels making it, and one of our three older ones does it too, but he'll stop when I give him something to munch on. We have four cats, two of which are always around somewhere, is he making a warning sound of some sort or...? :dono I haven't heard him do it for a while, but the other day the squirrels out in the woods were going crazy.

FLUFFYTAILNUT
11-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Okay, as usual, I have more then one question. This isn't urgent at all, just curiousity. Okay, first off, I know you need to peel grapes for little greys and flyers, but is there is a certain age where they can have whole grapes? And second, what in the world does the noise mean when they make a quick bark, and then a long whine? I hear the wild squirrels making it, and one of our three older ones does it too, but he'll stop when I give him something to munch on. We have four cats, two of which are always around somewhere, is he making a warning sound of some sort or...? :dono I haven't heard him do it for a while, but the other day the squirrels out in the woods were going crazy.
Sounds like a warning..scare cry..or he's lonely....(probably the kitties..scared him)
DO you play with him alot??
He sounds like..you need to give him more...lovens..
As far as the peeling goes Im not sure..Bean has eaten his FIRST whole green grape just yesterday..well.make that...last night.
He didnt care for grapes when he was little..BUT I never gave up trying..:thumbsup
he's a good vegi eater!!:grouphug :thumbsup

thundersquirrel
11-16-2007, 01:34 PM
righto- here's the way i see it. when they can crack open hardnuts (NOT peanuts) they can deal with whole grapes. that's probably a little later than need be, but i like to play it safe.

ConkerChild
11-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Alright, then seeing as they go right through pecans I guess they're ready. xD Thanks TS. ^^

He has his two brothers in the cage with him, and he bites me now if I try to play with him, so I don't think he's lonely. I try to keep the cats from hanging out too close to them, they're usually pretty good about it, but every now and then I find Spit or Pampy staring... Very interested... Or up on the window sill, and then I have to come and swat at them. :shakehead Hehe, we had to bring them all in tonight, it's like 39 degrees and much too cold for our spoiled rodents. Once we brought them in they jumped out of their bungaloes and started doing their squirrely activities, mostly consisting of eating. :tilt