PDA

View Full Version : Playing??

mommy2kc
11-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Cracker and Oliver are almost 11wks. We got them a new bigger cage and they are running and jumping like crazy. They have been playing like this for awhile, but now they are wrestling around with each other more. They even jump on each others back and try and pull the other down off the cage. Sometimes they bite each other and today I heard them squeak a couple of times. Is this playful behavior? Should I be worried?

Mars
11-04-2007, 11:36 PM
Yes, this is normal fun behavior. :D

scoobysnack
11-05-2007, 07:14 AM
You should see what happens to me!! I'm Scooby's toy. She LOVES to play. She's a maniac but it cracks me up every time.

My arms look like a carving experiment gone wrong from her claws. I will say, she never bites hard enough to even leave an impression in my skin.

She can go at it like that for as long as I'll stay in the room with her. She prefers playing to eating. She'll hide her nuts and other goodies until I leave, but while I'm there it's full throttle playtime.

island rehabber
11-05-2007, 07:19 AM
The 5 fuzzers and Juliano are So ready to be released and they make it known to me at 7:00am when the sun comes up in their window. The banging, crashing, clanking, "qwaaark"-ing and indignant squeaking that comes from their cage sounds like everyone is killing everyone else -- but they're having a grand old time. :D

Pam
11-05-2007, 07:30 AM
You should see what happens to me!! I'm Scooby's toy. She LOVES to play. She's a maniac but it cracks me up every time.

My arms look like a carving experiment gone wrong from her claws. I will say, she never bites hard enough to even leave an impression in my skin.

She can go at it like that for as long as I'll stay in the room with her. She prefers playing to eating. She'll hide her nuts and other goodies until I leave, but while I'm there it's full throttle playtime.

I'm Rosie's tree. :D When she is out playing, her feet never touch the floor. She jumps from one piece of furniture to another trying to get to me. I think she's part flying squirrel. My back is covered in claw marks. OUCH...my back feels sun burned when I take a shower.:shakehead

scoobysnack
11-05-2007, 08:06 AM
The 5 fuzzers and Juliano are So ready to be released and they make it known to me at 7:00am when the sun comes up in their window. The banging, crashing, clanking, "qwaaark"-ing and indignant squeaking that comes from their cage sounds like everyone is killing everyone else -- but they're having a grand old time. :D

And that is where Scooby parts ways with the wilds. She is a late sleeper. She outsleeps me every morning. Whether I get up at 7 am or 8 am... Scooby is still snoozing away.

Shinook
11-05-2007, 09:45 AM
I see squirrels acting like that all the time at the park so i would say its normal playful behavior XD

mommy2kc
11-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks! They seem to have a great time, but I wasn't so sure about the new squeaky toy noise. I feel better knowing it is playful and not hurtful behavior.

More recently I think they want me to get in the cage with them. When I walk up to the cage they both hang on the door and jump on my arms as soon as I open it. They don't bite me, they lick me and they will take a nibble ( just a soft graze of their teeth against my finger) I think to see if I am food or not. They are hilarious to watch. WE all just sit and watch them for an entire evening. They crack us up! They are trying to crack a walnut right now and it sounds like one has a chissel and is trying to break out of the cage.

I love these guys so much, I am glad I am have to winter them over. It is going to make a very tough spring. But they deserve to be free squirrels, so that is the plan, no matter how many tears mommy sheds!

Secret Squirrel
11-06-2007, 09:30 AM
, I am glad I am have to winter them over. It is going to make a very tough spring. But they deserve to be free squirrels, so that is the plan, no matter how many tears mommy sheds!

LOL!!!!! Just wait a month or two when you won't be able to cover your body enough. I suggest you check ebay for a slighty used fencing mask !!! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
Good luck with over wintering. Keep those pictures coming.:peace