PDA

View Full Version : juevenile flying squirrel

korilee93
05-31-2006, 02:54 PM
we found a young flying sqirrel in our yard when we were getting ready to mow the grass. He appeared to have fallen out of the tree in our yard. My husband put on gloves and picked him up. He can run alright, but I think that he's not old enough to fly fully yet. He spread his flaps when he leapt from my husbands hand and landed about 3 ft. away in the grass. What do we feed him besides nuts? How do we care for him properly? Any help is apppreciated.

korilee93
05-31-2006, 02:56 PM
:thankyou
we found a young flying sqirrel in our yard when we were getting ready to mow the grass. He appeared to have fallen out of the tree in our yard. My husband put on gloves and picked him up. He can run alright, but I think that he's not old enough to fly fully yet. He spread his flaps when he leapt from my husbands hand and landed about 3 ft. away in the grass. What do we feed him besides nuts? How do we care for him properly? Any help is apppreciated.

Timber
05-31-2006, 03:19 PM
Dear korilee;
Did you scroll down and check the flying Squirrel Forum? There may be quiet some info there to help you. And other Flier parents there that you could get some helpful info from. Check it out

FlyingSquirrelFan
06-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Hi!

I don't really have any advice except to maybe google info on how to care for a squirrel, but that is really exciting that you found a baby flying squirrel. I've never seen one up close before. I hope that you can get it back to good health!

good luck!

Also, do you think you could post some pics of the flying squirrel? Is it a northern or a southern flying squirrel?

:smilecolors

Squerly
06-04-2006, 06:31 AM
Sorry for being so long answering your post but I just found this thread, do you still have the little guy?