PDA

View Full Version : I've noticed that calcium and D3 are a concern for baby squirrels

silverdragoneast
10-17-2007, 01:42 PM
I have seen reference to MultiMilk, but I have never seen it here...where do you get it?

Also, I used to work in a petshop with reptiles, and calcium and D3 are a major concern for them as well. My store carried a product called Reptical, which was nothing but powdered calcium and D3...could that be a source for the squirrels too? I just thought maybe someone could investigate it and possibly it could be use in the future?

Just a thought.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
10-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Here you be
http://www.squirrelsandmore.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=1797

thundersquirrel
10-17-2007, 03:37 PM
the reptical sounds interesting, but i'm not sure you'd want to test it on the babies.

i'm sure there are plenty of foods and supplements out there that can supply nutrients to squirrels, but the unknown ones always include the risk that the squirrel will have an adverse reaction to it.

i like the no-risk routes, unless i'm totally desperate. if i were you i'd just stick to multi-milk and esbilac.

silverdragoneast
10-17-2007, 04:13 PM
I had no intention of giving it to the babies. I just thought it could be an avenue an experienced rehabber could explore as another method of providing essential nutrients in a pinch. That;s all.
Thanks for the link :)

thundersquirrel
10-17-2007, 05:20 PM
alright, that's fine! i'll have to look into that stuff.....hmm....