PDA

View Full Version : What's he doing in there?

AvianWondersTLC
10-17-2007, 12:04 PM
I've moved PeeWee to his large, indoor cage. Now instead of a bed, his bedding has been moved into a makeshift nest box. I intended to introduce him to this new house slowly but when I got him close to it and he saw branches hanging all over the place he went nuts and hopped right in. Now he's in his nest box and he's driving ME nuts because I can't see in there. What's he doing in there? I hear all this scratching, jumping and sqeaking in there. Every once in a while he comes to the opening as if to say "ya still looking? Ok good." And he's taking everything in there...food...toys. Am I to assume this is a very good sign of his ability to be independent? Leave him alone in there and don't be nosey, so he won't be accepting later on of anything being near his "house" right?

island rehabber
10-17-2007, 12:26 PM
I've moved PeeWee to his large, indoor cage. Now instead of a bed, his bedding has been moved into a makeshift nest box. I intended to introduce him to this new house slowly but when I got him close to it and he saw branches hanging all over the place he went nuts and hopped right in. Now he's in his nest box and he's driving ME nuts because I can't see in there. What's he doing in there? I hear all this scratching, jumping and sqeaking in there. Every once in a while he comes to the opening as if to say "ya still looking? Ok good." And he's taking everything in there...food...toys. Am I to assume this is a very good sign of his ability to be independent? Leave him alone in there and don't be nosey, so he won't be accepting later on of anything being near his "house" right?

Everything's going perfectly -- he's a happy little boy setting up his new house. And he won't want anyone rearranging, messing around or (God forbid) cleaning it out afterward, either! :nono :D

Buddy'sMom
10-17-2007, 12:42 PM
:jump :jump You mean you forgot to install the security camera?? :D Just kidding -- but doncha wish you had? Congratulations -- it sounds like he LOVES it!! (we had to lure Buddy into his over time -- and with nuts hidden inside :shakehead )

AvianWondersTLC
10-17-2007, 02:02 PM
:jump :jump You mean you forgot to install the security camera?? :D Just kidding -- but doncha wish you had? Congratulations -- it sounds like he LOVES it!! (we had to lure Buddy into his over time -- and with nuts hidden inside :shakehead )

Sheesh....I KNEW I'd forget something.....the critter cam!!!!!