PDA

View Full Version : esbilac addiction

scoobysnack
10-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Yeah... Scooby's got that esbilac monkey on her back. :sanp3

A few weeks ago I thought she was on the verge of giving it up. Nowdays though, she takes two BIG feedings a day. One in the late morning and one in the late evening.:thinking

She's eating well, very varied diet though she's not all about the rodent block or monkey biscuit. She does eat her greens! Spinach, kale, romain, broccoli. :thumbsup

We have the full spectrum light but she's not off the esbilac yet so I'm not that concerned with burning it at the moment.

Is it "normal" for an about 11 week old baby to still want to take almost 24 cc's twice a day of esbilac? :dono

She still remains just the sweetest baby. She loves her momma, will jump on to me from anywhere in the room. It's actual affection cause I rarely come in bearing treats. Normally I give her a dish of stuff in the morning and then the late afternoon plus a constantly full dish of monkey chow and rodent block. She just loves to snuggle and play and play and play and play......:jump

Mars
10-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Sounds like you are a very good cook. :thumbsup

I wouldn't worry about it at all. I often have babies take forever to wean and then in just one day - all done. :rotfl

thundersquirrel
10-16-2007, 10:28 AM
hmm.....if i were you, i'd force her to cut back. if you were a momma squirrel, with a big baby like that, you'd be saying "hey you little twerp, get off my nipples!"

maybe cut it down to one feeding per day......12 ccs is a nice sized snack for a squirrel her age. it's not like you'll let her starve. :shakehead what a lil piggy! :D

Gabe
10-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Maybe she is working hard on getting that extra winter weight on. In the wild they have a more natural way to do it by having access to all of their native foods. In captivity they rely on what we are providing to them.

scoobysnack
10-16-2007, 11:42 AM
I think she likes the attention to be honest. She's a major league play monster. She likes the cuddle time and all. :Love_Icon

I'll cut back the amount. She will be a very disappointed Snacker. She has me wrapped around her stumpy little thumbs what can I say. :dono

Gabe
10-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Oops, sorry, I thought she was a pre release squirrel in which case she needs the added weight.

scoobysnack
10-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Oops, sorry, I thought she was a pre release squirrel in which case she needs the added weight.

Nah I'm one of those evil selfish folks who hasn't been able to part with my squirrel girl. She shows no signs of being "wild" at this point. If she should come spring I will contact a rehabber and have her readied for release. If not, our plans are to allow her to own us for the rest of her life.

island rehabber
10-16-2007, 12:18 PM
scooby the best thing about Esbilac is it takes care of the calcium thing for us. It's when they won't take anymore Esbilac that I start tossing and turning at night, wondering if everyone is eating the right veggies and enough of them. Esbilac won't hurt her and makes life easier for you. :D

scoobysnack
10-16-2007, 12:33 PM
scooby the best thing about Esbilac is it takes care of the calcium thing for us. It's when they won't take anymore Esbilac that I start tossing and turning at night, wondering if everyone is eating the right veggies and enough of them. Esbilac won't hurt her and makes life easier for you. :D

I guess what I was worrying about is if she's eating enough other stuff. Ya know with only the best fruits, vegies and other food around she might be really really hungry :dono

I didn't want to be depriving her with just two feedings a day though any time I offer her a third she sorta pitzes around with it. Just didn't want to be neglecting my daughter.

Since my human child was 10 when Russ and I married, we consider Scooby our child "together". I told him I didn't think I could do another anytime soon and that I was planning some squirrel vasectomies this spring!!!

I was going to go down and visit with my sister for a day or so this week and was going to leave Russ in charge of baby feeding. I'm showing him how and he says "Wow.. this is labor intensive". WHAT A TYPICAL MAN!! YES!! IT IS!!!! Why do you think moms of any species are so exhausted. UGH!