PDA

View Full Version : Orange Esibilac???

silverdragoneast
10-15-2007, 05:06 PM
I read that you could freeze unused portions of Esibilac for later use in an icetray right after opening the can, so I did.
I checked on it a couple hours later and it was frozen but had turned orange. Is this ok?

silverdragoneast
10-15-2007, 05:32 PM
*whew* Thanks lol

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
10-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Wow, that is pretty cool. I would have been worried too. I haven't ever bought the liquid stuff so I haven't frozen it. That is neat.

LynninIN
10-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Mine never turned orange when frozen. :thinking Did you guys cover the ice cube trays?

silverdragoneast
10-15-2007, 09:16 PM
No, I didn't? They didn't say to do that.

LynninIN
10-15-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm not sure if they have to be. :dono I covered mine with saran wrap then put them in a freezer ziploc bag...:tilt.... I tend to be over cautious when it comes to my babies. The formula turned to a clearer white then back to normal when melted.

silverdragoneast
10-15-2007, 10:13 PM
I am going to try and find the powdered Esibilac...that way I can mix it as I go and it's always fresh. :) I end up wasting money when I buy the cans, especially now that I am feeding squirrels instead of dogs.
I just keep a can on hand at all times just in case. :)

Rhapsody
10-15-2007, 10:35 PM
:thinking Did you guys cover the ice cube trays?

You are correct..... always cover any food or liquid placed in the freezer to be frozen or it will become freezer burn and the squirrels might not eat it them.

I placed mine in ice trays and covered them with saran wrap to keep the cold off them..... plus I have a few ice trays with lids - I use them to freeze BML for my Sugar Gliders every two weeks.

jules
10-16-2007, 06:32 AM
Hi!

Esbilac will change colour when it is frozen, but you still need to cover it just as a precaution against contamination.:thumbsup

Jules. :Love_Icon

Lady Squirrelly
10-16-2007, 08:09 AM
How can you preserve the powder??

I am about out and will need to buy another can. They will not finish it before they give it up.

Can it be saved, frozen, or whatever???? If so how long will it keep??? Would it still be good for next year's crop of babies??

I would rather throw it away than to hurt next year's crop of little ones, but it would be nice if it would keep some how.

I onky use the powder. The pre-made smells too bad.

Thanks.

jules
10-16-2007, 08:20 AM
How can you preserve the powder??

I am about out and will need to buy another can. They will not finish it before they give it up.

Can it be saved, frozen, or whatever???? If so how long will it keep??? Would it still be good for next year's crop of babies??

I would rather throw it away than to hurt next year's crop of little ones, but it would be nice if it would keep some how.

I onky use the powder. The pre-made smells too bad.

Thanks.

Hi LS!

You make the powder up first and then freeze it. You should only make up enough of what you will need over a 3 month period. After this I would throw it out, if any were left.

Jules. :Love_Icon

Mars
10-16-2007, 10:20 AM
You can also freeze the powder. Freezing the powder will extend it's use by date for about 6 months. I keep my open can sealed in the freezer and take out only enough powder at a time for about a week's supply and I keep this in the refrig.:)

Lady Squirrelly
10-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the info.:thankyou