PDA

View Full Version : Adult (I think) with Broken Back or Pelvis

blinky
10-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Hello all. I found a squirrel with a broken back or pelvis in my neighborhood today. The little guy was crawling along with his front paws and dragging his rear legs on the ground. He was obviously terrified and kept trying to climb a tree to get away from me, but he would only make it a foot or so up the tree and then fall back down ... I put him in a box with some water and nuts and have the box in a warm, dark place.

The local Audubon society won't treat him because he is a non-native species but they will euthanize him if they conclude he is suffering. They're closed right now but I'm going to bring him in tomorrow ...

Is there anything else I should do for him right now besides the nuts and water? And am I doing the right thing by having him euthanized? I don't know what else to do.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

James

4skwerlz
10-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Thank you so much for caring about this poor squirrel. It's hard to say what his prognosis will be, but I wouldn't think "euthanasia" right away. We have several pet squirrels on TSB who are partially paralyzed who live full and happy lives.

Is he drinking the water? Does he have any movement at all in his hind legs?

blinky
10-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Thank you so much for caring about this poor squirrel. It's hard to say what his prognosis will be, but I wouldn't think "euthanasia" right away. We have several pet squirrels on TSB who are partially paralyzed who live full and happy lives.

Is he drinking the water? Does he have any movement at all in his hind legs?

Thanks for responding!

No movement in his back legs. I don't know if he's drinking the water--I left him alone after I put him in the box because I figured my presence would just further terrify him. I'll check to see if he's had any water and post back.

thundersquirrel
10-08-2007, 09:06 PM
thank you for saving the little squirrely!

the audubon society.....i think they would be a last resort if they're just going to kill the poor critter! what species of squirrel is this?

could you try finding a licensed rehabilitator in your area instead? maybe someone that wouldn't decide euthanasia right away?

partial paralysis is bad, but it's treatable, and sometimes reversible. a rehabber should have access to dexamethasone, a steroid that can reduce swelling on the spinal chord and possibly return feeling back to the squirrel's legs.

it's true that many paralysed squirrels have made good pets...the only concern with this one is if he's too wild to be made into a pet. some squirrels don't want that.

we have ways of finding rehabbers. don't worry. let's figure this out.

hazel
10-08-2007, 09:07 PM
:Welcome

Thanks for helping this squirrel!:thumbsup

Please read the ''Hit by Car'' thread by Poncho in this ''Emergency Life Threatening'' forum. It will perhaps provide some inspiration and illustrate the amazing healing abilities of squirrels.

Ideally, TSB will help you find a wildlife rehabilitator in your area to take the squirrel. Give us a little time and we'll have some phone numbers for you. At a rehabbers the squirrel would at least be given a chance to recover.

thundersquirrel
10-08-2007, 09:13 PM
any of these near you?

Blue Mountain Wildlife
Oregon
US
Pendleton
541-278-0215
raptor@ucinet.com
---------------------------------------
Chintimini Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
Oregon
US
Corvallis
514-745-5324
cwrc@proaxis.com
-----------------------------------
Laura Rainey
Oregon
US
Oakridge
541-782-2601
laurarainey1@yahoo.com
---------------------------------------
Oregon Coast Aquarium
Oregon
US
Newport
514-867-3474
dbt@aquarium.org
www.aquarium.org
------------------------------------------
Wildhaven Wildlife Center
Oregon
US
Grants Pass
dessert@silverlink.net
---------------------------------------------
Wildlife Images
Oregon
US
Merlin
541-476-0222
wildima@cdsnet.net
------------------------------------------------
Wildlife Images
Oregon
US
Medford
541-476-0222
wildima@cdsnet.net
----------------------------------------------------
Wildlife Ranch
Oregon
US
Sprague River
541-533-2388
birdhealer@aol.com
------------------------------------------------------
Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of North Coast
Oregon
US
Astoria
503-338-0331
wrcnc@pacifier.com
----------------------------------------------------
Willamette Wildlife Rehabilitation
Oregon
US
Eugene
541-485-8440

blinky
10-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Thanks for all the responses and support.

I just checked the little guy. I can't be sure, but I think he did drink some of the water. I have replaced the water container with one that I marked, so I will know if the water level decreases. But I KNOW he ate part of a walnut I put in the box, because the walnut was all chewed up ...

Someone asked what species--I believe he is a gray squirrel, based on a google search ...

Rehabers ... of those listed, the one in Corvallis is the closest--about an hour and a half from where I am, in Portland, Oregon. I called the Corvallis place and got a message machine. If they're willing to help him, I'll drive him out there tomorrow ...

I'll check out the "Hit by a Car" thread.

Thanks again everyone for weighing in. I had no idea that a network like this existed.

thundersquirrel
10-08-2007, 09:31 PM
oh we love to help! it's no problem.

i'm glad you found someone close. often, rehabbers will be willing to meet you halfway at a neutral point, like a mall parking lot or something. it would make the drive easier. keeping our fingers crossed about that rehabber....

young adult and adult squirrels like to have peace and quiet. they enjoy heat, as it increases circulation, produces a sense of well-being, and prevents shock from being captured.

if you have a heating pad, you can set it on low and place it beneath half of the box (if it gets too hot, the squirrel can move to the other side). keep everything quiet, and keep all other animals away from him.

in all honesty, he probably has a few fleas, so maybe put his box somewhere isolated and easy to clean, like a bathroom or hard surface. it's not likely at all that the fleas will leave their nice warm host, but it's better to take precautions.

if the first rehabber doesn't work, are there any others on the list close to you?

blinky
10-08-2007, 10:04 PM
The Corvallis place is looking a bit iffy. I called again and noticed on their message machine that the only option for injured wildlife is for native injured wildlife ... Seems to be a theme, here in Oregon.

Heating pad--I'll have to figure a way to get a electrical cord up to the attic, where I have him (everywhere else he is vulnerable to my two cats, who have already showed a very unhealthy interest in his whereabouts ...)

thundersquirrel
10-08-2007, 10:15 PM
here blinky! try this too, there's a whole lot of rehabbers on this list;

http://www.tc.umn.edu/%7Edevo0028/contactN.htm#or

call around, see if you can find ANYONE willing to rehab this guy. ask about options. i think wildlife centers are more likely to follow the rules strictly than individual rehabbers.

i can't believe how mean everyone is to grey squirrels. :shakehead

if you can't get a heating pad to your guy, you could make a rice sock buddy. fill an old, clean sock with rice (uncooked) or beans (uncooked). tie off the end of the sock and pop it in the microwave for thirty seconds. if it's very hot, wrap it in a t-shirt or fleece. put it in with him. it feels like another squirrel. it'll be cold again, probably in an hour, but it's some comfort, at least.

let us know how this all goes. we're here for you!

blinky
10-08-2007, 11:00 PM
I rigged up a cord to the attic, so now he has heat ... I had put a towel in one corner of his box, and I see he has crawled onto the towel ... Still not sure he's drinking water but there are little nut shards strewn everywhere ...

I'm going to leave him alone for the rest of the night. Tomorrow morning I'll start calling all the rehabbers. There's one in the Dalles that looks promising.

Thanks again everyone. I'll check back in tomorrow.

hansen3800
10-08-2007, 11:03 PM
The American Wildlife Foundation is in Molalla, they would probably take this squirrel and do everything they can for him, there number is 503-829-9567.

blinky
10-09-2007, 07:30 AM
Thanks, Hansen. I'll look into the Molalla clinic. That's the closest one yet.

Questions about Dexamethasone: If I were able to get some from a vet, is there someone here who could tell me how much to give the squirrel and where to inject it?

I had a cat with a broken pelvis and it couldn't be set--I just had to keep him relatively immobile for what seemed like forever, but he eventually made a full recovery. I worry about quality of life issues though, if this little guy is reduced to using his front legs only forever ...

Buddy'sMom
10-09-2007, 12:21 PM
...Questions about Dexamethasone: If I were able to get some from a vet, is there someone here who could tell me how much to give the squirrel and where to inject it?....
Hopefully you are finding a rehabber that will help -- both with the dex and general care and prognosis. The dex should be administered as soon as possible for most benefit (it may help, or may not, but is most beneficial soon after the injury). But in case you can't locate anyone, information could be provided if you can get any dex from a vet .......

You are doing a wonderful thing, rescuing this little one and finding help for him! :thumbsup :thumbsup Only time will tell what sort of life he might have -- but at least he is getting an opportunity to find out! (And ... good thinking keeping him away from the cats -- cat saliva can be deadly to a squirrel.)

:grouphug :Love_Icon :grouphug

blinky
10-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Zero for zero so far.

I called my vet to see about dex ... they won't even treat squirrels, period. Does anyone know of any vets in Oregon that would be willing to treat squirrels?

The Molalla Clinic is out. They have a message on their machine saying they will be closed until October 21st.

The Rowena Wildlife Clinic in the Dalles was my next best bet. I talked to a very nice, knowledgeable woman there who said that she had seen at least fifteen squirrels recently with paralyzed back legs, and all but one died within a few days. The problem is that they tend to have spinal damage, nerve damage, which impacts their ability to urinate and they die of bladder failure. (I haven't checked to see if my guy is able to pee yet). She said that both she and the Molalla Clinic would probably go ahead and euthanize a squirrel in this condition, and that it wasn't worth it for me to bring him in if I was trying to avoid that option. I mentioned the dex, and she said it was hard for a non-professional like me to get a hold of any. Instead she suggested Arnica or baby aspirin, but she cautioned that the baby aspirin should be used short term ....

Arnica is a homeopathic medicine and from my experience, homeopathy is mostly BS, so I'm not sure about that. Anyone know the proper dosage for baby aspirin?

EDIT: Called Rowena back. They say one baby aspirin, dissolved in one cup of water, which is to be used as his drinking water for the day. Right now I'm going with that.

thundersquirrel
10-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Arnica is a homeopathic medicine and from my experience, homeopathy is mostly BS, so I'm not sure about that. Anyone know the proper dosage for baby aspirin?

OOOOOO careful what you say! mars is our homeopathic goddess. :D

homeopathic remedies, though, in this situation, may not totally work, but it's worth a shot. such remedies don't harm in any way, are usually affordable and accessible, and actually do produce positive results based on the squirrel, their ailment, and the drug used.

i've never used baby aspirin on a squirrel before, but perhaps someone else has. stick around to see if someone knows more than i do.

it's really unfortunate that so few people are willing to help. if you can't find someone willing to help this squirrel, how do you feel about giving him time to heal? he would need a proper cage, and access to sunlight for at least one hour every day.

could we have pictures of the lil fuzzer? let us know if you don't know how to post them on here.

blinky
10-09-2007, 01:38 PM
OOOOOO careful what you say! mars is our homeopathic goddess. :D

homeopathic remedies, though, in this situation, may not totally work, but it's worth a shot. such remedies don't harm in any way, are usually affordable and accessible, and actually do produce positive results based on the squirrel, their ailment, and the drug used.

i've never used baby aspirin on a squirrel before, but perhaps someone else has. stick around to see if someone knows more than i do.

it's really unfortunate that so few people are willing to help. if you can't find someone willing to help this squirrel, how do you feel about giving him time to heal? he would need a proper cage, and access to sunlight for at least one hour every day.

could we have pictures of the lil fuzzer? let us know if you don't know how to post them on here.

Don't mean to tread on any homeopathic toes here. It's just that if something hasn't been double-blinded, I tend to have serious doubts as to its efficacy ... So do you think arnica would be more effective than baby asprin? I'm willing to give it a shot if you've had success with it.

Time to heal, yes that is exactly what I am thinking at this point. I seem to have run out of other options for the moment so I just want to see if I can help him improve or at least stablize over the next few days.

Pictures, if I can find the USB cord to connect my camera to my PC, I'll try to take and post some.

Buddy'sMom
10-09-2007, 02:12 PM
So sorry you haven't had any luck finding a rehabber that will actually ... try to rehab the squirrel. :shakehead TSB has a wealth of experience and will help you as best we can.

blinky, Mars has had excellent results in many years of rehabbing. The current options seem to be homeopathy, aspirin or nothing. I, personally, would strongly recommend conferring with Mars by PM and trusting what she suggests. .... and then giving it time.

:grouphug :Love_Icon :grouphug

jules
10-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Blinky!

Arnica is good for injuries and shock. I would PM Mars, (if I were you), who is the expert on Homeopathic treatment, here on TSB. She will be able to tell you the dosage etc!
Aconite is also good for shock!
Good luck! You're doing a brilliant job!:thumbsup

Jules. :Love_Icon

blinky
10-09-2007, 03:44 PM
PM'd Mars.

Good and bad news. When I checked on him this afternoon, he looked bad. Didn't move at all, and just blinked at me.

Just now I tried to give him a dropper of arnica--and he was VERY active. Chirping for the first time, and vigorously trying to hide beneath his towel. I put on some gardening gloves and tried to pick him up to give him the arnica--nothing doing. He bit me (didn't penetrate the glove) and twisted like the wild thing he is. So no arnica via dropper. Instead I've mixed it into his water, which so far he has barely touched ...

I've been trying to get my wife to accept the idea of adopting a paralyzed squirrel. I might be able to get her onboard with that--she's the one who called me to rescue the injured squirrel in the first place--but I don't know about raising a wild squirrel--i.e. a squirrel that stays wild. The pictures that I've seen on this forum of people feeding squirrels look quite tame--this guy was just one wild blur the whole time ...

I guess my question is, if he survives his injuries, but doesn't regain the use of his legs, what do I do with him?

And any ideas on giving him the arnica other than mixing it in the water he doesn't seem to be drinking?

jules
10-09-2007, 03:54 PM
PM'd Mars.

I guess my question is, if he survives his injuries, but doesn't regain the use of his legs, what do I do with him?

And any ideas on giving him the arnica other than mixing it in the water he doesn't seem to be drinking?

It's a bit of a dilemma, isn't it?
If you decide to keep him, he should eventually get a little tamer, but he will need a lot of time and patience in his day to day care!
The other option is to continue to find a rehabber to take him...in the mean time do what you can for this poor squirrel.
I think giving the Arnica in his water is the only other possible thing you can do?
He should eventually take some!

Mars
10-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Question? What form and potency Arnica are you putting in the water? Homeopathy works by how often it is repeated. If you see him drink from that bowl I would take it out and replace it with fresh water until it is time to repeat. Otherwise you could overdose and cause a reaction such as nose bleeding.

thundersquirrel
10-09-2007, 04:20 PM
i think if he stays wild AND unreleasable, he'll need a permanent home outside, i.e. an outdoor cage.

would you be willing to build one? he'd need a good sized one to be truly happy, and hopefully in a place sheltered from predators and near where other squirrels are.

even then though, he might reject captivity. it's fully possible for a squirrel to get depression from being inside. some wild animals will even begin to heal, but become so depressed and lethargic that they don't eat, or hurt themselves in the cage.

now, this isn't a FOR SURE going to happen thing, this is something that MIGHT happen. it all depends on the type of squirrel he is.

for now, take it day by day. see if you can get him out of the box and into a cage- it's more ventilated and hygenic. continue looking for a rehabilitator who cares. try to observe him for signs of improvement.

it's a tough situation, to be sure.

blinky
10-09-2007, 05:56 PM
i think if he stays wild AND unreleasable, he'll need a permanent home outside, i.e. an outdoor cage.

would you be willing to build one? he'd need a good sized one to be truly happy, and hopefully in a place sheltered from predators and near where other squirrels are.

even then though, he might reject captivity. it's fully possible for a squirrel to get depression from being inside. some wild animals will even begin to heal, but become so depressed and lethargic that they don't eat, or hurt themselves in the cage.

now, this isn't a FOR SURE going to happen thing, this is something that MIGHT happen. it all depends on the type of squirrel he is.

for now, take it day by day. see if you can get him out of the box and into a cage- it's more ventilated and hygenic. continue looking for a rehabilitator who cares. try to observe him for signs of improvement.

it's a tough situation, to be sure.

thundersquirrel--I very much appreciate your willingness to help and search for a solution, but I don't think I would be willing to keep him outside as a wild squirrel in a cage. Our backyard is not protected from predators, but more importantly to me, I can't believe that would be a good life, dragging your dead legs behind you in a cage, while all around you your fellow squirrels chase each other up and down trees. Or am I thinking about this from the wrong perspective?

I just pm'd Mars about this subject and I want to cut and paste part of what I wrote here, because I'm very much struggling with these issues:

Long term care--I am very worried about this for a number of reasons. Long term quality of life is a concern: if he does not regain the use of his legs and cannot be released into the wild, what kind of life is he going to have in a cage? What are the odds he will become domesticated, in which case I could at least take him out of his cage from time to time?

Short term, I'm worried about him suffering in general. Our dog had something wrong with his spine and was turning in circles and we knew him and could tell he was suffering terribly, so when the vet told us there was little to no hope, the choice was agonizing but obvious: spare him suffering.

I do not know if this squirrel is suffering but I can only imagine that he must be to some degree. Am I prolonging his suffering unnecessarily? At what point does this become more about me not wanting to give up on him, to let go, rather than what is best for him? I don't know how to answer these questions.

I want to say, thanks again, all of you, for all your advice and caring.

4skwerlz
10-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Long term care--I am very worried about this for a number of reasons. Long term quality of life is a concern: if he does not regain the use of his legs and cannot be released into the wild, what kind of life is he going to have in a cage? What are the odds he will become domesticated, in which case I could at least take him out of his cage from time to time?

I have to agree. I think a tame inside life, with a reasonable amount of time to run free in the house, would be the best option. There are several squirrels on TSB who were found injured as adults and became completely tame and are wonderful pets. The only way to find out if this guy will adapt to being a pet, is to try. The folks here can give you good advice on helping to tame him.

I do not know if this squirrel is suffering but I can only imagine that he must be to some degree. Am I prolonging his suffering unnecessarily?

He is probably stressed, but if he's eating, he probably doesn't feel too bad otherwise.

Here on TSB we have a philosophy of "Let the squirrel decide." Do you think this squirrel wants to live? Is he a fighter? Is he eating/drinking? Is there life in his eyes? Has he responded to you at all? Or do you think he's given up and is miserable. Also, on his tameability, Has he gotten at all less afraid of you in these few days you've had him? Do you feel any bond with him? (Frankly, the fact that he didn't bite you to the bone when you picked him up is a GOOD sign. "Gloves".....my fanny! :rotfl Any self-respecting fuzzer could bite through several pairs of gloves and you'd hear their teeth meeting in the middle of your hand!)

In other words, what's your gut feeling?

blinky
10-09-2007, 07:27 PM
(Frankly, the fact that he didn't bite you to the bone when you picked him up is a GOOD sign. "Gloves".....my fanny! :rotfl Any self-respecting fuzzer could bite through several pairs of gloves and you'd hear their teeth meeting in the middle of your hand!)

I ... was not aware of this. I've been told to hold him down in order to give him stuff with an eyedropper ... how am I supposed to hold him down if he can bite through my gloves?

4skwerlz
10-09-2007, 07:40 PM
I ... was not aware of this. I've been told to hold him down in order to give him stuff with an eyedropper ... how am I supposed to hold him down if he can bite through my gloves?

See? He must trust you a little. He could of bit the snot out of you!

I wouldn't try to hold him (yet). Just offer the eyedropper to him while he's in the box. You might also think about a wire cage. And there's a big difference between, putting your hand over him and holding him down a bit, and actually PICKING HIM UP. At least there's a big difference to him!

blinky
10-09-2007, 08:15 PM
See? He must trust you a little. He could of bit the snot out of you!

I think he tried but I jerked my hand away. I don't think he trusts me. I think he's terrified of me.

I wouldn't try to hold him (yet). Just offer the eyedropper to him while he's in the box. You might also think about a wire cage. And there's a big difference between, putting your hand over him and holding him down a bit, and actually PICKING HIM UP. At least there's a big difference to him!

He doesn't want anything to do with the eyedropper. I could try holding him down, but I'm still worried about getting bit ...

Every rehab place I call is a dead end. I had placed a call with the Chinitimini Wildlife Rehab Center yesterday, which is in Corvallis. They called me back today and left a number for the person they said handled all their squirrel cases. I called that person back and she said she only dealt with baby squirrels, that I should call the center back. When she found I was in Portland she said I probably had a Fox squirrel, and that the center wouldn't accept Fox squirrels because they're not native to Corvallis. She said euthanasia was the best option, which is what every center I've managed to talk to so far has said. I can't tell if he is a Fox squirrel or a Gray squirrel. I called the center back anyway and am waiting to hear from them again.

4skwerlz
10-09-2007, 08:20 PM
I think he tried but I jerked my hand away. I don't think he trusts me. I think he's terrified of me. You can't jerk quick enough. If he wanted to bite you he could have. Yes, I'm sure he's still scared of you. Even my wild squirrels who know me quite well, are still wary. But they don't live with me either.

He doesn't want anything to do with the eyedropper. I could try holding him down, but I'm still worried about getting bit ... Did you figure out his age?

I can't tell if he is a Fox squirrel or a Gray squirrel. I called the center back anyway and am waiting to hear from them again.
A grey squirrel has a white belly; a fox squirrel has an orange or yellow belly.

blinky
10-09-2007, 08:45 PM
A grey squirrel has a white belly; a fox squirrel has an orange or yellow belly.

Well, at last, some GOOD NEWS! Doesn't matter if he's a grey or a fox, because the Chinitimini Wildlife Rehab Center says THEY'LL TAKE HIM!!!!!! As long as I promise to come and pick him up--assuming he recovers--and release him back where I found him, they will accept him ... !

I can't tell you happy this makes me. I've been tearing up, thinking euthanasia was my only real option. Chinitimini could still decide to euthanize him of course, but I trust their judgement a lot better than mine.

I might call in sick to work tomorrow so I can make the three hour round trip ... otherwise he'll have to wait till Friday ....

pamela lee
10-09-2007, 08:51 PM
:wott :wahoo OMG that is wonderful news. You've done a fabulous job taking care of this poor baby. Great job.

atlantasquirrelgirl
10-09-2007, 09:41 PM
That's fantastic. I hope that the squirrel can recover to be re-released. Thanks for caring enough to make the trip.

Mars
10-09-2007, 09:45 PM
:bowdown :thumbsup :bowdown

hazel
10-09-2007, 10:30 PM
GREAT news, blinky!!!:wahoo

I hear you coughing! You sound really congested! Take some aspirin for the headache right now and don't forget to take your temperature because you feel awfully warm. Only pedialyte and yogurt for you, poor blinky! If you take good care of yourself now, you'll probably feel better by Thursday. :rotfl

jules
10-10-2007, 04:13 AM
That's great news Blinky!

Please keep us up to date with what happens!

:thankyou

blinky
10-11-2007, 12:06 AM
Made the trip this morning. Took me three hours and twenty minutes, in the rain, and I was late to work by about an hour. It was worth it. On the freeway he started scurrying about inside his cardboard box and I was worried he was going to chew through it or otherwise get out and maybe crawl under the seats, or even worse, the brake pedal, but he stayed put. I think the fact that he is still so active after three days is a good sign--at least I hope it is.

Even though I mapped the whole trip out very carefully the night before--I hate making long trips to cities I've never been to, because I always get lost--I still managed to miss the last turnoff ... I went back and forth, back and forth on the same road looking for it, knowing that if I didn't find it within minutes I might be out of luck--the center had a two hour window within which I could drop him off and I was very anxious that I would miss it, which I almost did. Finally realized that the sign for the road I wanted was lying flat on the ground(!) I found the center, and turned him over. It was obvious that they were very caring people, though it made me a bit nervous that they seemed slightly puzzled that I had driven all this way to drop him off. They kept mentioning other shelters but I told them they'd all turned me down. I gave them a fifty dollar donation and asked them to please do their best for him and they said they would.

So it's out of my hands now. I'm relieved, but I'm also dreading the phone call where they might tell me they chose to euthanize him ... I hope not, but again I trust their judgment better than mine ... (as an aside, when I told them he'd bitten my gardening glove, they said they wear welding gloves, and sometimes the squirrels still manage to bite through them ... )

This has been an eye-opening experience for me, even as someone who was already an animal lover. I've never thought that much about squirrels one way or the other before this happened. Now I see them everywhere, and am extra careful when driving by them ...

Thanks again for all your suggestions and feedback. I'm an atheist, but if I did believe in god, I'd say you all were doing his/her work. Kindness and empathy for the most defenseless among us is the highest of human service.

hazel
10-11-2007, 12:12 AM
:thankyou for taking Blinky in today! (Had a feeling you would, heh heh..)

Wishing you :thumbsup and Blinky :Love_Icon all the best!

4skwerlz
10-11-2007, 07:22 AM
Kindness and empathy for the most defenseless among us is the highest of human service.

Right back atcha, Blinky! :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

Please let us know what happens, no matter the outcome....:grouphug

jules
10-11-2007, 07:48 AM
Thanks so much for taking the time to care for this little one!:thumbsup

Squirrels are wonderful creatures...I don't think there's anyone on this forum that hasn't been surprised how they get in to your heart so quickly!:grouphug

Please let us know the outcome!

:thankyou