PDA

View Full Version : BABY SQUIRRELS,NO MOTHER.

pettiebird
05-25-2006, 04:03 PM
CAN YOU TELL ME IF BABY SQUIRRELS CAN SERVIVE WITH OUT MOM IF THEY ARE BIG ENOUGH TO FOLLOW HER DOWN THE TREE,BUT SHE GETS HIT BY A CAR, IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED IF SOMEONE COULD GET BACK TO ME ABOUT THIS MATTER AS I AM QUITE WORRIED FOR THE BABYS. THANK YOU PETTIEBIRD, t01072 ROGERS.COM.:search :search

Secret Squirrel
05-25-2006, 04:17 PM
If the baby is old enough and weened it should be ok. I would keep a close eye on the baby and see if it needs shelter or food. If the baby is foraging for food it has a good chance. It just hasn't learned all the fears yet that the mom would teach it. If it crys and wont stop then it's a target for preditors. In that case I would try to offer the baby some comfort....BABYS CAN BITE! No they don't carry rabies but it still hurts like hell!!!! If all the babys are together they will usually stay together for a while just watch them when it comes nightfall. They should go back to the nest.
Hope this helps!

atlantasquirrelgirl
05-25-2006, 10:24 PM
They'll be distressed over the loss of their mom, but you can try to put some food and water at the base of the tree where they live to make it a little easier for them.