PDA

View Full Version : TSB Newbie... Kind of

Mr. Ezekiel Peeks
02-23-2024, 12:50 PM
I would like to begin by saying THANK YOU!!! This forum undoubtedly saved my Peeks life!! ������

In August of 23 I saw my three dogs, nose to the ground, not moving a muscle. When I walked over to see what had gotten their attention I found Mr. Ezekiel Peeks lying there helpless in the dirt. I fell in love instantly.
I estimate Peeks was about a week when he saved me. I could never have imagined the in depth care an infant squirrel needs!!! They are truly amazing creatures and I never would have stopped to recognize this if it weren't for Peeks.
Anyhow, even though I've been stalking the forum for months, I've finally joined. The day has come that I need to face the reality of a possible narrowed urethra. Peeks has had wein issues from the start. I believe that's the reason he got booted from the nest. So his urine stream has never really been but maybe a little stronger than a trickle. I did my best to make him heal properly but none the less here we are. Recently however his groin area has been remaining damp. I gave a round of amoxicillin thinking it was a UTI but it changed nothing. You're probably thinking ok just take him to the vet. But unfortunately I am not a licensed rehabber and can not just take him to the vet. I looked into being licensed (I'm located in upstate NY) but the test isn't even until August. I definitely want him seen before then. I really don't know what to do. I love him so much and I want him to be well. Some direction would be so awesome. Thank you!!!]326734
P.S. The pic is sideways �� and the other is his urine sample

island rehabber
02-23-2024, 04:23 PM
Welcome! We may be able to get a licensed NY rehabber to help you with Peeks. Can you tell us at least what county you're in upstate? Or if you want to give me an actual town by private message I can start seeing who's up there near you. 🙂

Mr. Ezekiel Peeks
02-24-2024, 04:41 AM
That would be amazing! Maybe you could pm me and I can respond? I don't know how otherwise.:grin2

CritterMom
02-24-2024, 08:05 AM
That would be amazing! Maybe you could pm me and I can respond? I don't know how otherwise.:grin2

Easy peasy! See where island rehabbers's name is at the top of her post? Click on her name and it will bring you to our PM messages, with a new one to island rehabber already created. All you need to do is fill in the subject line and type your message in the message box and click send.

island rehabber
02-24-2024, 08:48 AM
Got it! 👍

Charley Chuckles
02-24-2024, 08:55 AM
:Welcome I'm glad you joined and I'm very confident you'll get awesome help here 👍
Peeks is such a sweetie 🥰

Mr. Ezekiel Peeks
02-24-2024, 03:00 PM
I already have!!
Thank you! He is my love!!