PDA

View Full Version : Best alternative to 20/50 Fox Valley for weaning squirrels?

Lavendar
10-02-2023, 10:03 AM
Hello! I'm rehabilitating 4 lovely southern flying squirrel babies and they are around 7-8 weeks old. I switched them over to Fox Valley 20/50 around 5 weeks, and started supplementing Henry's Healthy Blocks at 6. They're about halfway through their current bag of 20/50 and I went to order more today but Henry's Healthy Pets is out of it in all sizes, all departments, and all other sellers! What other formula/brand is the next best? Thank you! :)

CritterMom
10-02-2023, 02:02 PM
First, a half bag of the FV will last you a bit with 4 flyers, so I would give Henry's a little time. Check the site MULTIPLE times a day, because if they get a dozen bags in, they go up on the site and the fastest clicker gets it. I have no idea what is going on. Fox Valley Nutrition usually has it - they are the manufacturer, but the shipping is in the $20 range!

If worse comes to worst you can go to Esbilac powdered puppy formula and boost it with heavy whipping cream and yogurt, or with Fox Valley Boost. Or you can buy the Esbilac now and transition them to a half FV and half Esbilac formula until they are weaned, which will stretch what you have now.

pwenzel
10-02-2023, 05:57 PM
Fox Valley does have it in stock. I ordered some from them on Thursday and got it today. I ordered it directly from them.

wewynns02
10-03-2023, 11:00 AM
I am in the same position needing 20/50 for a young southern flyer and when I emailed them this morning about it being out of stock they told me, "I would recommend using the Wombaroo Squirrel Milk Replacer it is also a human-grade milk replacer for baby squirrels!" so I ordered it because I can't wait since I am currently using kitten milk replacer (only option I could find in a hurry). I ordered it and hope to have success with it!

lovesquirrels1
10-03-2023, 11:36 AM
I am in the same position needing 20/50 for a young southern flyer and when I emailed them this morning about it being out of stock they told me, "I would recommend using the Wombaroo Squirrel Milk Replacer it is also a human-grade milk replacer for baby squirrels!" so I ordered it because I can't wait since I am currently using kitten milk replacer (only option I could find in a hurry). I ordered it and hope to have success with it!

If there is some kind of unusually long wait, I think I have a half a bag left that I am not needing and just using to make boo balls. Let me know if you hit an emergency but it sounds like someone said fox valley has it in stock anyway.

Shellysfriend
10-04-2023, 02:27 PM
When Henry’s has been out I’ve gotten from Chris’s squirrels and more. The shipping is about 1/2 of Fox Valley.